In This Episode
DeRay, Clint, Sam and Brittany discuss the overlooked news, including why many college students don’t vote, midterm predictions among millennials, service workers as first line medical responders, and addiction treatment in prisons. Maria Hadden, candidate for 49th Ward Alderwoman in Chicago and Kina Collins, chairwoman of the Illinois Council on Women & Girls, join DeRay to discuss working within and around government to change policy and shift Illinois culture.
- The Atlantic: Is Your Local Coffee Shop a Low-Key Opioid Clinic?
- Fortune: More Than Half of Millennials Plan to Vote This November, Poll Finds
- Miami Herald: Please, Floridians’ absentee ballots must count
- Washington’s Top News: Why college students don’t vote absentee? They don’t know where to buy a postage stamp
- The Inquirer: People in Pa. prisons are smuggling medicine to treat their addictions because the state won’t provide it- Opinion
- Maria for 49