In This Episode
Tommy talks with Wired editor in chief Nick Thompson about the insane amount of data that Facebook and other tech companies collect on us and what we can do to erase or prevent it. Then they talk about how to use encryption to protect your communications and scary new developments that allow you to make fake videos of real people.
Nick Thompson interviews
- WWD: February 1, 2018 interview
- Recode: February 12, 2018 interview
- Internet Society: March 20, 2018 interview
- CJR: March 2017 interview
Nick Thompson Pieces in Wired
- Wired: Mark Zuckerberg talks to Wired about Facebook’s privacy problem
- Wired: Inside the two years that shook Facebook, and the world
- CBS: Was Russian hacking of Ukraine’s power grid a test run for U.S. attack?
- The Atlantic: One of the Biggest and Most Boring Cyberattacks Against an American City Yet
- NBC: Baltimore’s 911 emergency system hit by cyberattack
- Reuters: UK agency says no data lost in weekend cyber attack
- New York Times: A Cyberattack in Saudi Arabia Had a Deadly Goal. Experts Fear Another Try.
Pod Save the World is a no-bullshit conversation about foreign policy hosted by Tommy Vietor that goes behind the scenes with the people responsible for some of the most important foreign policy decisions of our time. New episodes out every FRIDAY. Check out more Pod Save the World episodes!