First, Tommy talks with author Peter Beinart about the controversy around Congresswoman Ilhan Omar’s tweets, which many viewed as antisemitic. Then, former Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman joins to talk with Tommy and Ben about the time she spent negotiating with Iran and North Korea.
- Foreign Affairs: How We Got the Iran Deal And Why We’ll Miss It
- Foreign Affairs: In Negotiations With Iran, ‘There’s Always One More Thing’ Wendy Sherman recounts the grueling path to the Iran nuclear deal.
- Bloomberg: Sanctions Don’t Stop a Nuclear Program, Albright Stonebridge’s Sherman Says
- CBS This Morning: Ambassador Wendy Sherman shares lessons from high-stakes negotiations
- The Hill: Top Obama official: Trump let North Korea look like our equals
- Washington Post: Don’t get too excited about the Korea summit. There’s a lot of work to do
- New York Times: A Growing Chorus of Republican Critics for Trump’s Foreign Policy Excerpt
- Raw Story: US allies question Trump’s ‘legitimacy’ after new Russia bombshells: former senior diplomat
- Politico: How I Learned to Embrace Power as a Woman in Washington
- New York Times: On North Korea and Iran, Intelligence Chiefs Contradict Trump
- Washington Post: Trump blames his intelligence chiefs for being ‘naive’ on Iran. Europe has a plan to prove him wrong
- New York Times: Iran Faces Worst Economic Challenge in 40 Years, President Says
- Bloomberg: Why Arms Control Won’t Work With North Korea or Iran
- Forward: The Sick Double Standard In The Ilhan Omar Controversy
- Forward: Sanders Has To Run – To Make Democrats More Critical Of Israel
- Forward: Young Anti-Zionists: Be Uncomfortable, Like I Am With My Zionism
- Forward: Rashida Tlaib And Her ‘Squad’ Of Israel Critics Own The Future
- Forward: No, BDS Is Not Anti-Semitic, And Neither Is Ilhan Omar.
- Forward: Beinart: I Was Detained At Ben Gurion Airport Because Of My Beliefs
- Haaretz: Israel’s Shin Bet Detains Peter Beinart at Ben-Gurion Airport Over Political Activity