In This Episode
DeRay, Clint, Brittany, and Sam talk about applying a racial equity lens to gun control, what guns do to bodies, the latest on immigration and energy efficiency in low-income communities. NAACP Legal Defense Fund President Sherrilyn Ifill joins to DeRay to talk about judicial nominations and criminal justice through the courts.
- NBC News: Florida Gov. Rick Scott moves to bar people under 21 and mentally ill from buying guns
- New York Times: Is America a ‘Nation of Immigrants’? Immigration Agency Says No
- Huffington Post: What Bullets Do To Bodies
- Citylab: The Uneven Gains of Energy Efficiency
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund: protecting the civil rights of all Americans
Organizer and activist DeRay Mckesson takes you inside conversations about culture, social justice, and politics by exploring the history, language, and people who are shaping the struggle for progress — and talking about the steps that each of us can take to make a difference. Each week brings a news analysis, followed by deep conversations about social, political and cultural issues with experts, influencers, and diverse local and national leaders. Check out more Pod Save the People episodes!