DeRay, Brittany, Clint and Sam discuss D.C. statehood, Baltimore’s refusal to internally review their police department, a recently unearthed secret plan to circumvent Brown vs. Board of Education in Texas, and why South Dakota (of all places) leads the nation in jail admissions. Stephanie Wittels Wachs, host of the new podcast, “Last Day,” and co-founder of Lemonada Media, and Ithaca’s Mayor Svante Myrick, join DeRay to talk about America’s opioid crisis.
- The Appeal: South Dakota Leads Nation on Jail Admissions, New Report Finds
- The Atlantic: A Secret 1950s Strategy to Keep Out Black Students
- The Washington Post: District officials make case for D.C. statehood in face of GOP opposition
- The Baltimore Sun: No internal review underway of what went wrong with Gun Trace Task Force, Baltimore police commissioner says
- Last Day podcast, also on Apple Podcasts
- Svante Myrick
- City of Ithaca