In This Episode
Trump calls off the North Korea summit after Mike Pence was called a dummy, and the NFL restricts the right to free speech after threats from the president. Governor Deval Patrick and Ambassador Samantha Power join Jon, Jon, Tommy, and Erin on stage at the Wang Theater in Boston.
- New York Times: Deep in the Desert, Iran Quietly Advances Missile Technology
- The Atlantic: Former South Korean National-Security Adviser: The U.S. May Have to Withdraw Some Troops
- Vox: What happens if there is no Trump-Kim Jong Un summit?
- Washington Post: By Daniel Drezner – The Trump administration still has no Plan B on Iran
- CNN: Nikki Haley says she used Trump’s unpredictability to win North Korea sanctions
- WSJ: U.S. Lays Out Demands for New Iran Deal
- Politico: Nikki Haley’s Twitter account raises protocol concerns
- New York Times: Op-Ed By Samantha Power – A Teenager Starting Over in Canada
- The Intercept: Israel Kills Palestinians and Western Liberals Shrug. Their Humanitarianism Is a Sham.
- New York Times: Op-Ed By Samantha Power – How Mike Pompeo Could Save the State Department
- Washington Post: How baseball will survive in the age of distraction (Samantha Power’s review of a book by Susan Jacoby – Why Baseball Matters)
- CNBC: Democratic donors are pushing former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick to run for president in 2020
- Boston.com: Deval Patrick says ‘the woke’ should make room for people who are ‘still waking’
- Fortune: How To Be a Conscious Capitalist, According to Deval Patrick
- Washington Post: Deval Patrick: The Democrats could do worse
- Boston Globe: Deval Patrick says a 2020 presidential run is ‘on my radar screen’
- New York Times: Enough Trump Bashing, Democrats
- Boston Magazine: Deval Patrick to Campaign for Doug Jones in Alabama
- Politico Magazine: Obama’s Inner Circle Is Urging Deval Patrick to Run
- Boston Globe: Deval Patrick revels in role developing Bain’s social impact fund
- Mother Jones: Read Deval Patrick’s Scathing Indictment Against Jeff Sessions for Attorney General
- Boston Globe: Deval Patrick leaves a complex legacy
- Boston Globe: A governor on the move: A look at Patrick’s public schedule
- Fox News: Deval Patrick becomes First Black Governor of Massachusetts
- Boston Globe: Patrick makes history
Pod Save America is a no-bullshit conversation about politics hosted by Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Dan Pfeiffer and Tommy Vietor that breaks down the week’s news and helps people figure out what matters and how to help. New episodes out every MONDAY and THURSDAY. Check out more Pod Save America episodes!