In This Episode
The U.S. Senate debates gun safety reform following the horrific school shooting at a Texas elementary school and Senator Alex Padilla joins to talk about what else can be done to stop mass shootings. And later, Jon and Dan go through Tuesday’s election results from the primaries in Georgia and Texas.
Our team has compiled a few ways you can help support the Uvalde community and the work to get rid of the Republican politicians who have failed to do anything to prevent shootings like these at votesave.us/texas
- NYT: In Texas, lenient gun laws are woven into the fabric of the state.
- CNN: Gun legislation is stalled in Congress. Here’s why that won’t change anytime soon
- The Hill: Here are the gun bills stalled in Congress
- WaPo: How the Supreme Court could soon drastically expand the right to carry guns
- Reuters: U.S. voters deliver mixed results on gun control measures (2016)
- NYT: The Texas gunman texted a friend that he had shot his grandmother and was about to ‘shoot up’ a school.
- ABC: Beto O’Rourke interrupts Texas governor’s press conference on shooting
- WaPo: How countries around the world have responded to mass shootings
- Atlantic: The Real Reason America Doesn’t Have Gun Control
- WaPo: Donald Trump recalibrates his standing in GOP after primary setbacks
- WSJ: Power of Trump’s Endorsements Dims in Governor Races
- NYT: In Georgia Rematch, Stacey Abrams Fights Headwinds From Washington
- WSJOpinion: Will Trump Help to Elect Stacey Abrams?
- NBCNews: Brad Raffensperger, targeted by Trump, wins Ga. GOP primary for sec of state
- NBCNews: Georgia Democrats signal brutal ad campaign against Herschel Walker as high-stakes Senate race begins
- TexasTribune: Henry Cuellar declares victory, but Jessica Cisneros won’t concede in nail-biter runoff for South Texas seat
- Politico: Why the Cuellar-Cisneros race is far from over
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.