In This Episode
First, Tommy and Ben talk about the New Zealand terrorist attack and the rise of right-wing extremist groups and nationalist political parties, Huawei and Brazil’s far-right President Jair Bolsonaro visiting Trump. Then the New York Times’s Charlie Warzel joins to discuss how radicalization happens online, how we can stop it and how journalists should cover these communities.
- New York Times: The New Zealand Massacre Was Made to Go Viral – Opinion
- Buzzfeed: We Followed YouTube’s Recommendation Algorithm Down The Rabbit Hole
- Buzzfeed: The Internet Is A Privacy Disaster. But We Still Don’t Know How To Talk About It.
- Buzzfeed: It’s 2019 And Twitter’s Moderation Team Is Still Struggling With Swastika Photoshops
- Buzzfeed: Hey Google, What’s The Point Of Silicon Valley’s Tech Hearings?