In This Episode
A Senate vote to protect abortion rights fails but the larger fight has just begun, Joe Biden’s top economic advisor Brian Deese talks about the White House strategy on inflation and more, and Donald Trump goes 1 for 2 in this week’s primaries while getting some good news about his Twitter account.
Protect Abortion Access. Donate to Abortion Funds. VoteSaveAmerica.com/roe
- WaPo: The Roe bill will fail in the Senate. What’s next?
- Punchbowl News AM: The Senate abortion vote
- Vox: The Senate’s doomed vote on abortion rights, explained
- NYT: Here’s How Democrats in Congress Are Trying to Protect Abortion Rights
- WaPo: Give me one good reason I shouldn’t believe Mitch McConnell
- The Cut: The Uphill Battle to Codify Roe v. Wade
- WaPo: GOP’s midterm bet: Voters will care more about inflation than abortion
- NPR: White House: Serious risk of nationwide abortion ban after McConnell floats the idea
- CNN: Senators quickly pass bill to expand security for families of Supreme Court justices
- Bangor Daily News: Susan Collins calls police after abortion rights chalk message appears outside her Bangor home
- NYT: Senate Democrats Warn of G.O.P. Effort to Restrict Abortion Nationwide
- USA Today: McConnell calls US abortion ban ‘possible,’ says he won’t change filibuster to pass it
- Politico: The bipartisan abortion bill dismissed by Dems
- Politico: More than a show vote? Senate Dems weigh their Roe plans
- Politico: Why Abortion May Not Stay a ‘State’s Rights’ Issue for Very Long
- NYT: Biden Says Inflation Is His ‘Top Domestic Priority’ and Lashes Out at G.O.P. Plan
- WhiteHouse: FACT SHEET: President Biden Announces New Actions to Address Putin’s Price Hike, Make Food More Affordable, and Lower Costs for Farmers
- Playbook: Forget DeSantis. For a day, it’s Rick Scott vs. Joe Biden.
- Bloomberg: White House Ties Republicans to a Tax-Hike Plan Disowned by GOP
- Politico: Biden blasts ‘ultra-MAGA’ Republicans’ inflation plans
TRUMP ROUND UP
- NPR: The power of Trump’s endorsement takes a blow in Nebraska’s GOP primary for governor
- CNN: 4 takeaways from the Nebraska and West Virginia primaries
- NYT: West Virginia Primary Election Results
- WSJ: West Virginia GOP Primary: Trump-Backed Alex Mooney Beats David McKinley
- NYT: Elon Musk says he would ‘reverse the permanent ban’ of Donald Trump on Twitter.
- The Hill: Dorsey weighs in on Twitter bans after Musk says Trump’s would be lifted
- Rolling Stone: Trump Kept Asking if China Was Shooting Us With a ‘Hurricane Gun’
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email email@example.com and include the name of the podcast.