Two part show today! First, Tommy talks with Ambassador Michael McFaul about Vladimir Putin’s request to interrogate him and Trump’s shocking refusal to immediately rule it out. Then Tommy talks with the Washington Post’s Jason Rezaian about Trump’s late-night rage tweet at Iran and the future of US/Iranian relations.
- Wall Street Journal: Trump Tweets in Blistering Exchange With Iran
- Washington Post: After Trump slams Iran’s president, Iranian officials accuse him of ‘psychological warfare’
- Reuters: Threats of war never help, Germany says after Trump’s Iran tweet
- Yahoo News: Netanyahu praises Trump’s ‘tough stand’ against Iran
- Bloomberg: Trump’s War of Words With Iran Shines Spotlight on Vital Oil Route
- Washington Post: Iranian Americans must speak up — not let Pompeo speak for them
- Washington Post: Call Trump’s travel ban what it is: An Iran ban
- Washington Post: Mike Pompeo gives a silly speech on Iran
- Washington Post: What the arrest of an 18-year-old Instagram star says about Iran’s backward leaders
- Washington Post: Iran’s most prominent human rights lawyer is in jail. Again.
- Washington Post: Influential Iranian women call on FIFA to help end stadium ban
- Washington Post: Root, root, root …for Iran? Yes, and here’s why.
- New York Times: Rezaian, Washington Post Reporter, Sues Iran Over Imprisonment
- New York Times: Iran Frees Americans, Including Jason Rezaian, in Prisoner Swap
- Netflix: Parts Unknown (Season 4, Episode 6), “Iran”
- Washington Post: Why Iranians love Anthony Bourdain