February 27, 2019
Pod Save The World
Trump's North Korea summit v.2, Venezuela, international LGBT rights
In This Episode
First, Tommy and Ben Rhodes talk about India bombing Pakistan, Trump’s second meeting with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un, the ongoing turmoil in Venezuela and Netanyahu’s latest hard-right turn. Then, Jessica Stern from Outright International joins to discuss her work advocating for human rights for LGBTIQ people globally.
- Vox: Trump Administration Pushes to Decriminalize Homosexuality
- NBC News: Trump administration launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality
- NBC News: ‘I don’t know’: Trump draws blank on homosexuality decriminalization push
- Metro Weekly: Richard Grenell Tells NBC News Why Trump Suddenly Wants Global Decriminilization
- Washington Blade: Key LGBT groups not invited to Trump summit on decriminalizing homosexuality
- Associated Press: Hong Kong court denies male status to 3 transgender men
- Washington Blade: Nikki Haley resigns as US ambassador to UN
- Newsweek: IS QUEER AN OFFENSIVE SLUR?
- NBC News: LGBTQ advocates see Pompeo as ‘reckless choice’ for top diplomat
- Quartz: The complicated politics of traveling while LGBT