In This Episode
House Republicans end their Russia investigation, Trump sides with the NRA on gun control, Conor Lamb eyes an upset in Pennsylvania, and Democrats look for the missing Obama voters. Then Texas State House candidate Julie Johnson joins Jon, Jon, Tommy, Dan, and Brittany live on stage in Dallas, Texas.
Trump is caving to NRA on guns:
- New York Times: No Immediate Push to Raise Minimum Age for Buying Assault Rifles, Trump Says
- Washington Post: White House vows to help arm teachers and backs off raising age for buying guns
- Wall Street Journal: Trump Backs Off His Support to Raise Federal Gun Purchase Age Limit
- Bloomberg: Most Gun Owners Support Stricter Laws—Even NRA Members
- New York Times: Florida Governor Signs Gun Limits Into Law, Breaking With the N.R.A.
- Politico Poll: Democrat Lamb leads in Pa. special election
- Politico: Republicans wage 11th-hour blitz in Pa. special election
- Washington Post: The GOP’s messages don’t seem to be working in Pennsylvania. Is that a warning sign?
The missing Obama millions
Pod Save America is a no-bullshit conversation about politics hosted by Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Dan Pfeiffer and Tommy Vietor that breaks down the week’s news and helps people figure out what matters and how to help. New episodes out every MONDAY and THURSDAY. Check out more Pod Save America episodes!