Trump just tore up the Iran deal. Tommy talks with Ben Rhodes about what happens next. Then Tommy talks with Russia expert Mike McFaul about his new book, From Cold War to Hot Peace, about his time working at the White House and as US Ambassador to Russia.
- NPR – Morning Edition – Ex-Ambassador Michael McFaul Traces U.S.-Russia Ties ‘From Cold War To Hot Peace’
- New Yorker – By Susan Glasser – Donald Trump’s Pursuit of an Oval Office Meeting with Vladimir Putin
- AP Timeline – Significant Moments in Trump’s 18 Years in Power
- Washington Post – Op-Ed By Mike McFaul – Ukraine’s democracy is approaching ‘make or break’ — and the West is missing in action
- Washington Post Book Review – How did the end of the Cold War become today’s dangerous tensions with Russia?
- New Yorker – Under Russian Terror, All Exiles Are Fearful and All Deaths Are Suspicious – By Masha Gessen
- New York Times – Trump’s Tweets on Syria, Russia and China: The Triumph of Contradiction
- New Yorker – For Trump and Putin, Syria Is a Battle of Competing Realities
- New York Times – It’s No Cold War, but Relations With Russia Turn Volatile
- New Yorker – Putin, a little man still trying to prove his bigness
- The Atlantic – What a Former U.S. Ambassador to Russia Learned From Condoleezza Rice
- New Yorker – Watching the Eclipse – Ambassador Michael McFaul was there when the promise of democracy came to Russia—and when it began to fade.
Pod Save the World is a no-bullshit conversation about foreign policy hosted by Tommy Vietor that goes behind the scenes with the people responsible for some of the most important foreign policy decisions of our time. New episodes out every FRIDAY. Check out more Pod Save the World episodes!