In This Episode
As the crisis in the Middle East deepens, the Republican presidential candidates respond with their best: Donald Trump praises Hezbollah, Tim Scott says Biden “has blood on his hands,” and Ron DeSantis tries to make it about the southern border—the American one. Meanwhile, the House GOP still can’t agree on a Speaker, “MAGA Mama Bear” Kari Lake enters the critical Arizona Senate race, and George Santos and Bob Menendez each get stunning new indictments.
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email email@example.com and include the name of the podcast.
Join the World-Wide Digital Experience “Pod Save America Live from DC” on October 19 at 8 PM ET with Co-host Symone Sanders and Special Guests Senator John Fetterman, Chef Jose Andres, and Jennifer Carroll Foy.
- CNN: Israel hammers Gaza with airstrikes as Hamas’ atrocities revealed
- AP News: Misinformation about the Israel-Hamas war is flooding social media. Here are the facts
- NBC News: How did Israel and the U.S. miss what Hamas was planning?
- NYT: Hamas Leaves Trail of Terror in Israel
- CNN: Israel forms emergency government and steps up Gaza offensive as brutality of Hamas attacks laid bare
- The Hill: Palestinian president asks UN for help with ‘Israeli aggression’ in Gaza
- WSJ: Egypt Faces Pressure to Open Border to Refugees From Gaza
- WSJ: Hamas Militants Behind Israel Attack Raised Millions in Crypto
- MSNBC: Blinken speaks ahead of his departure for Israel
- Federalist: Hamas Attack Is A Warning To America About The Risks Of Our Open Border
- Washington Stand: Conservatives Warn Southern Border Leaves America as Vulnerable as Israel
- WSJ: Republicans Nominate Steve Scalise for House Speaker Over Jim Jordan
- Politico: House GOP nixes plan designed to avoid another messy speaker vote
- Politico: Scalise wins Round 1. What’s next?
- NBC: Jordan will vote for Scalise on the floor
- WaPo: Too many Republicans want to vote for McCarthy, so conference postpones floor vote
- WaPo: McCarthy, Jordan and Scalise’s long history seeps into speaker fight
- WaPo: How historic the House GOP’s chaos is, by the numbers
- AP: Kari Lake begins Senate campaign as she keeps fighting her loss in the last election
- NBC: Kari Lake kicks off her Arizona Senate bid with an endorsement from Trump
- NYT: Would a 3-Way Arizona Senate Race Help Kari Lake? Her Party Isn’t So Sure.
- Politico: National Republicans knew Lake was unbeatable. So they joined her
- MSNBC: Kari Lake’s campaign launch is great news for Arizona Democrats
- NYT: Flying on the Same Plane, Lake and Gallego Clash Over Border Politics
- CBS: George Santos charged with conspiracy, wire fraud and more
- CNN: Santos says he won’t accept plea deal and will run for reelection
- The Hill: New York’s first-term GOP reps will move to expel Santos after new charges
- TheHill: Menendez indictment revives concerns over money and influence in politics
- NewJerseyGlobe: Menendez ties to Grewal necessitate Senate probe, Testa and Bucco say
- MSNBC: Reactions to Menendez, Trump indictments offer partisan case study
- Businessinsider: Who Is Nadine Arslanian, Bob Menendez’s Wife Indicted in a Bribery Scandal?