First, Tommy and Ben talk through George H.W. Bush’s foreign policy record, the good the bad and the ugly. Then they discuss the news out of the G20, the latest on Saudi Arabia, and the Democrats’ foreign policy messaging. Then Tommy is joined by Kelly Magsamen to discuss Elizabeth Warren’s foreign policy speech and what issues 2020 democrats should be talking about.
- New York Times: Elizabeth Warren, Eyeing 2020, Decries Military Overreach
- New York Times: C.I.A. Briefing on Khashoggi Solidifies Senators’ View of Prince Mohammed’s Complicity
- PBS News Hour: George H.W. Bush: America’s last foreign policy president
- Huffington Post: George H.W. Bush Was The Last President To Really Get Tough With Israel
- NJ: George H.W. Bush blazed the trail for Mideast foreign policy failure – Opinion
- CNN: How George H.W. Bush became Beijing’s ‘old friend’ in the White House