In This Episode
Tommy talks with foreign policy expert Kelly Magsamen about Trump’s strikes on Syria’s chemical weapons site, his lack of a broader strategy, and her attempt to “red team” the policy options during the Obama administration. Then they talk about CIA Director Mike Pompeo’s trip to North Korea.
- Washington Post: CIA Director Pompeo met with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un over Easter weekend
- Washington Post: Russia voices support for Syria chemical probe
- The Atlantic: The Humbling of Mike Pompeo
- NPR: Why No World Power Really Wants To Topple Syria’s Assad
- Vox: In his second year, Donald Trump is building a more extreme, confrontational presidency
- New York Times: John Bolton Has ‘No Moderating Tendencies’
- New York Mag: 8 Takeaways From Trump Agreeing to Meet Kim Jong-un
- Kelly Magsamen: The United States Needs a Coherent Strategy on Syria
- Kelly Magsamen: What Trump’s Reshuffling of the National Security Council Means
Pod Save the World is a no-bullshit conversation about foreign policy hosted by Tommy Vietor that goes behind the scenes with the people responsible for some of the most important foreign policy decisions of our time. New episodes out every FRIDAY. Check out more Pod Save the World episodes!