In This Episode
President Biden prepares to visit Israel as he tries to prevent a wider war and humanitarian crisis in Gaza. Trump’s opponents attack him for criticizing Israel, and Judge Tanya Chutkan hits him with a gag order. Republicans inch closer to making election-denier Jim Jordan Speaker. House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries joins to discuss the Democrats’ plan to address the chaos in Congress, and Crooked’s own political expert Shaniqua McClendon drops by to talk about the most important races in 2023.
Get your virtual tickets to Pod Save America live from DC now at MOMENT.CO/PSA.
Correction: the episode states that election day is four weeks away, but it is three weeks away, on November 7th. Visit votesaveamerica.com to learn more.
- NYT: Fearing Escalation, Biden Seeks to Deter Iran and Hezbollah
- WSJ: U.S. Push for Gaza Border Opening Stalls as Humanitarian Plight Worsens
- WaPo: Confusion on Gaza-Egypt border over possible cease-fire and aid deal
- Axios: U.S. and Israeli officials discuss possible Biden visit to Israel this week
- WaPo: Israeli ground offensive in Gaza could be a ‘bloodbath,’ analysts say
- AP:Hospitals in Gaza face collapse as water, power and medicine run out
- Reuters: Gaza aid stuck as Egypt says Israel not cooperating
- BBC: Antony Blinken holds talks with Prime Minister Netanyahu in Israel
- WSJ:Israel Warns Iran-Backed Hezbollah: Don’t Test Us
- AP: Hezbollah destroys Israeli surveillance cameras along the Lebanese border as tension soars
- CNBC: U.S. can ‘certainly’ afford military support to both Israel and Ukraine, Janet Yellen says
- Politico: ‘Shocked and sickened’: Biden condemns killing of 6-year-old Muslim boy
- WaPo: People from 29 countries killed, missing in Israel-Gaza war: What to know
- NYT: For Hostages’ Families, an ‘Endless Loop of Hope and Despair’
- NYT: Israelis Gird for a Deeper War Amid a Crisis of Trust in the Government
- CNN: CNN Poll: Americans are deeply sympathetic toward Israelis and see their military response to Hamas attacks as justified
- Ipsos: Americans split on U.S. responsibility to ensure peace in the Middle East
- WaPo: Welcome to the new, ‘new’ Middle East
- Atlantic: What Hamas Wants
- Punchbowl: The plan to block Jim Jordan
- Insider: House Republican complains Jim Jordan and his allies want ‘to beat folks into submission’ as he struggles to collect the necessary votes
- Playbook: BULLY FOR YOU
- Politico: Jordan to face a challenger in floor vote Tuesday
- CNN: Jordan wins over some GOP skeptics ahead of speaker vote
- WaPo: The powers of an acting House speaker are untested. Here’s what we know.
- Semafor: Moderate Democrats get behind temporary speaker fix
- WDSU NEWS: Election Night recap: Winners, losers, runoffs from Louisiana’s Oct. 14 election
- WDSU: All four Louisiana amendments pass. What it means for the state
- WBRZ: Democrats face tough future after Louisiana primary
- NOLA: How did Louisiana’s primary election turnout affect the governor’s race? Here’s the data.
- REUTERS: Virginia elections offer a test case on abortion ahead of 2024
- NEW JERSEY MONITOR: Democrats highlight abortion on campaign trail as they fight for their legislative majorities
- APNEWS: Voting begins in Ohio in the only election this fall to decide abortion rights