Rudy Giuliani potentially incriminates Donald Trump during his first television appearance as the President’s new lawyer, Mueller has many questions about crimes of collusion, and Marco Rubio and Tom Price cut a few very effective ads for Democratic campaigns. Then Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Ronan Farrow joins Tommy Vietor to talk about his new book, “War on Peace: The End of Diplomacy and the Decline of American Influence.”
Mueller, Mueller, Mueller
- NYT: Trump to Add Clinton Impeachment Lawyer Emmet Flood to Replace Ty Cobb
- WaPo: ‘The gloves may be coming off’: Shake-up of Trump legal team signals combative posture toward special counsel
- Vox: Emmett Flood will be the most competent person on Trump’s legal team
- NYT: Mueller Has Dozens of Inquiries for Trump in Broad Quest on Russia Ties and Obstruction
- NYT: The Questions Mueller Wants to Ask Trump About Obstruction, and What They Mean
- CNN: Giuliani outlines conditions of a potential Trump-Mueller interview
- WaPo: Mueller raised possibility of presidential subpoena in meeting with Trump’s legal team
- NYT: Why answering Mueller’s questions could be minefield for Trump
- Lawfare: What can we say about Mueller’s 49 questions?
- NY Mag: Why were Mueller’s questions for Trump leaked?
- NYT: Trump Assails Justice Dept., Siding With House Conservatives in Dispute
- WaPo: What is Trump threatening to do to the Justice Department, exactly?
- The Atlantic – Trump goes to war with Mueller
- WaPo: ‘Setup & trap’: Trump lashes out at investigation into obstruction of justice
- WaPo: ‘The Department of Justice is not going to be extorted’: Rosenstein responds to impeachment threat
- Baltimore Sun: How do you pronounce Rod Rosenstein’s last name?
- New Yorker – Jeffrey Toobin – Will trump plead the fifth or be subpoenaed?
- Lawfare – The Game Theory of a Trump Subpoena – By Ben Wittes
- NYT: Ukraine, Seeking U.S. Missiles, Halted Cooperation With Mueller Investigation
- CNN: Trump says he didn’t know about Stormy Daniels payment
- The Hill – Giuliani: Trump reimbursed Cohen for $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels
Rubio and Tom Price join the resistance
- Economist: Marco Rubio offers his Trump-crazed party a glint of hope
- Politico: Rubio walks back criticism of GOP tax law
- National Review – By Marco Rubio – Two Cheers for Corporate Tax Cuts
- WaPo: Trump’s former health secretary: Americans will pay more because GOP weakened Obamacare
- Politico: Tom Price walks back remarks on mandate repeal
- Vanity Fair – Marco Rubio’s body rejects new spine
- Vox: Marco Rubio says there’s “no evidence whatsoever” Republican tax cuts are helping workers
- USA Today – Mike Pence, Marco Rubio, Tom Price: Are GOP comments hurting midterm chances in the Senate?
- LA Times – A ‘champion of … the rule of law’: Mike Pence praises pardoned former Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- NBC – Republicans give Democrats some important cover on taxes, health care
- CNN: Exclusive: Bornstein claims Trump dictated the glowing health letter
- WaPo: Why the ‘raid’ of Trump’s former doctor isn’t just a funny sideshow – by Aaron Blake
- Politico: Trump’s fixers revolt
- AP – Paul Ryan: Democratic takeover would mean subpoenas, chaos
- Weekly Standard – Paul Ryan Decries How Moral Relativism and Identity Politics Have Hurt Congress
- CNN: Lawmakers push for Ryan to keep House chaplain he asked to resign
- Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: Speaker Paul Ryan says he ousted House chaplain over pastoral services, not politics
- NYT: House Chaplain Was Asked to Resign. He Still Doesn’t Know Why
Pod Save America is a no-bullshit conversation about politics hosted by Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Dan Pfeiffer and Tommy Vietor that breaks down the week’s news and helps people figure out what matters and how to help. New episodes out every MONDAY and THURSDAY. Check out more Pod Save America episodes!