In This Episode
Justice Stephen Breyer’s retirement announcement gives President Biden his first chance to fill a Supreme Court vacancy, former Obama White House lawyer Kate Shaw joins to talk about potential nominees and what it’s like go through a confirmation fight, and the week’s worst punditry gets the scorn it deserves in another round of Take Appreciator.
Pod Save America is vaxxed, boosted, and headed back on the road! Join Tommy, Jon, Jon, and Dan on the road for Pod Save America (A)live And On Tour. Get tickets & learn more: crooked.com/events.
Listener presales: January 25 at 10 am local time through January 27 (code CROOKED)
General onsale: January 28 at 10 am local time
- WSJ: Breyer’s Departure Has Political Risks, Opportunities for Democrats
- WSJ: Justice Stephen Breyer to Retire From Supreme Court
- Politico: Breyer retirement hands Biden open Supreme Court seat
- WaPo: The Fix: Would Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema vote for Biden’s pick for Supreme Court justice?
- Politico: Supreme Court confirmation fight to make history in 50-50 Senate
- NYT: Which Republicans might support a Biden nominee for the Supreme Court? Few, if any.
- Jake Sherman tweet
- FoxNews: Breyer’s retirement from Supreme Court prompts ‘Squad’ to call for Black woman nominee: Biden, ‘you promised’
- CNN: Schumer wants quick timeline to confirm Supreme Court pick, similar to Barrett’s process
- CNN: Biden said he’d put a Black woman on the Supreme Court. Here’s who he may pick to replace Breyer
- AP: At least 3 judges being eyed as Biden mulls high court pick
- CNN: How the Supreme Court confirmation process works
- Politico: How Senate Dems reaped the benefits from 2 little-known GOP maneuvers
- Kate Shaw tweet
- Kate Shaw tweet
- WaPo: Is it too close to the election to confirm a Supreme Court nominee?
- Politico: Supreme Court justices on abortion, during confirmation and from the bench
- WSJ: Two Supreme Court Cases to Watch
- USA Today: Biden scraps vaccine requirement for businesses, weighs options after Supreme Court defeat
- CNN: Most major employers are keeping vaccine mandate for workers, despite Supreme Court ruling
- NYT: Supreme Court Will Hear Challenge to Affirmative Action at Harvard and U.N.C.
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.