In This Episode
President Biden prepares to roll out an ambitious agenda ahead of his first address to a Joint Session of Congress, the potential recall in California gets more attention now that Caitlyn Jenner has declared her candidacy for governor, and Republicans trot out some truly ridiculous arguments against D.C. statehood. Then, Tommy talks to Hunter Biden about his new book, Beautiful Things.
Biden’s First at 100 Days
- NBC News: Poll: At 100 days, Biden’s approval remains strong. Can the honeymoon last?
- CBS News: Biden receives positive marks at 100 days – CBS News poll
- WaPo: Americans give Biden mostly positive marks for first 100 days, Post-ABC poll finds
- USA Today: Fox News, NBC polls: Biden maintains positive approval ratings as 100-day mark approaches
- WaPo: Power Up: Biden scores record high approval rating among young voters, according to new poll
- The Week: Biden’s 100-day approval ratings solid but heavily partisan
- Punchbowl: A bunch of Republicans don’t want to attend Biden’s speech next week
- CNN: Biden’s Wednesday speech will outline his rhetorical endgame
- WaPo: Biden will close the first chapter of his presidency before a sparse crowd — and with a historic backdrop
- WaPo: Biden, often defined by his words, faces his biggest (and strangest) speech yet (8/16/20)
- NPR: Republican Sen. Tim Scott Will Deliver GOP Response To Biden Address
- Fox: AOC says Biden ‘exceeded’ progressive expectations in first 100 days
- AP: More action, less talk, distinguish Biden’s 100-day sprint
- Bloomberg: Biden Went Big in His First 100 Days, and Now Comes the Hard Part
- Politico Playbook: Biden’s 7-day sprint
- LA Times: In his first 100 days, ‘Uncle Joe’ Biden combines progressive goals and a reassuring manner
- AP: Chocolate chip diplomacy: Biden courts Congress with gusto
- AJC: Biden will return to Georgia next week to celebrate first 100 days in office
- WaPo: White House’s new $1.8 trillion ‘families plan’ reflects ambitions — and limits — of Biden presidency
- Vox: Biden’s federal paid leave plan, explained in 600 words
- CNBC: Biden’s recovery plan for families set to cost more than $1 trillion, extend enhanced child tax credit
- Reuters: Majority of Americans favor wealth tax on very rich: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- NYT: Biden Will Seek Tax Increase on Rich to Fund Child Care and Education
- Axios: Republicans tell Biden no corporate tax hike for infrastructure
- WaPo: Democrats, Republicans and businesses gird for battle over Biden’s proposed tax hikes
- Forbes: Manchin Insists He’s ‘Not A Roadblock’ To Biden’s $2 Trillion Infrastructure Plan—But Blasted Proposed Tax Hikes
- CNN: Democratic senators push Biden to include health care in American Family Plan
- The Hill: Democrats divided over GOP infrastructure offer
- NYT: Biden Wants to Pay for Infrastructure Plan With 15 Years of Corporate Taxes
- NBC News – Progressives will deliver their own response to President Joe Biden’s speech to Congress –
The California Recall
- NBC News: Republicans say Newsom recall is all about the virus. That’s not how it started
- Cal Matters: Recalling a California governor, explained
- ABC News: Why are some Californians trying to recall Gov. Gavin Newsom and how does the process work?
- Vox: The effort to recall California Gov. Gavin Newsom, explained
- CAP Radio: Are California Recall Leaders Tied To Far-Right Militias And QAnon? We Fact-Checked Gov. Gavin Newsom’s Claims.
- LA Times: Essential Politics: The Newsom recall effort’s big week ahead
- LA Times: California’s election rules could make a Newsom recall a wild ride
- California Secretary of State: Complete List of Recall Attempts
- Politico: Why California’s 2021 recall isn’t the same as the 2003 version
- AP: As California recall looks likely, hard work begins for GOP
- Politico: Can Gavin Newsom make California Republicans great again?
- Bloomberg: In California, Costly Spectacle Looms in Bid to Oust Newsom
- NYT: Do Californians Support a Newsom Recall?
- FiveThirtyEight: California’s Gavin Newsom Will Likely Face A Recall Election — But He’ll Probably Survive It
- CNN: What Caitlyn Jenner’s launch means for the brewing California recall
- LA Times: Is Caitlyn Jenner the next Arnold Schwarzenegger? Even some in GOP are skeptical
- LA Times: Caitlyn Jenner announces run for California governor in recall election
- Axios: Scoop: Caitlyn Jenner makes it official for California governor
- The Guardian: ‘All you need is the filing fee and a dream’: who are Gavin Newsom’s recall challengers?
- HuffPo: Gubernatorial Candidate Caitlyn Jenner Gets Schooled On How California Operates
- Insider: Trump loyalists mocked and misgendered Caitlyn Jenner after she announced her run for California governor
- Daily Beast: Absolutely No One Is Getting Behind Caitlyn Jenner’s Campaign Right Now
- Politico: Caitlyn Jenner has infrequently voted. Now she might run for office.
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here.
For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.