In This Episode
Special guest Rachel Maddow joins the show to talk about the latest in the Speaker-less House, Trump’s legal troubles, and President Biden’s message strategy. Then, Maddow discusses her new book, “Prequel: An American Fight Against Fascism,” which recounts a long-forgotten chapter of U.S. history that’s eerily relevant today.
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.
- CNN: Live Updates on the House speaker race
- CNN: Trump in New Hampshire says he’s staying out of the House speaker fight for now
- CNN: Here’s what happens next in the race for House speaker
- CBS: How does presidential succession work with no House speaker?
- CNN: Rep. Carlos Gimenez, who so far has backed only McCarthy, says he’s open to a new candidate
- CNN: Rep. Mike Garcia says speakership impasse is “dilutive” to GOP’s ability to hold House majority
- CNN: Speaker candidate Tom Emmer touts “strong working relationship” with Trump
- WSJ: Establishment Pick in House Speaker Race Might Run Up Against Trump Loyalists
- The Hill: Here’s where Speaker candidates stood on 4 key votes
BIDEN’S POLITICAL STRATEGY
- WaPo: Biden team looks at buying more ads amid ongoing polling concerns
- The Hill: Biden discusses economic agenda
- Politico: Battleground Dem senators consider bucking Biden on border, Iran
- USA Today: Exclusive poll: Biden and Trump tie at 37% as RFK Jr. costs Trump a narrow lead
TRUMP’S LEGAL TROUBLES
- NBC News: Trump claims Sidney Powell was ‘never’ his lawyer after her plea deal
- ABC News: Judge temporarily halts Trump’s limited gag order in federal election interference case
- Newsweek: Why Ivanka Trump’s Testimony Should Terrify Her Father
- MSNBC: Trump 2024 ballot eligibility moves closer to trial in Colorado