In This Episode
Nancy Pelosi stops a centrist rebellion over the budget, a new Change Research/Crooked Media poll of Virginia gives Democrats a small lead and a few warnings signs for 2022, and California Senator Alex Padilla stops by to discuss the California recall, voting rights, and more.
MOD SQUAD NEGOTIATIONS
- NYT: Deeply Divided, House Democrats Battle Over Priorities and Politics
- POLITICO Playbook: Biden’s three big challenges
- Punchbowl: The 5 things we learned this week
- Politico: Anatomy of a power play: How 9 House Dems cut their deal with Pelosi
- CNN: House approves $3.5 trillion budget plan in key step for Democrats to pass legislation expanding social safety net
- Orlando Sentinel: Rep. Stephanie Murphy: We need infrastructure funding now
- WaPo: Opinion: Let’s take the win. Let’s do infrastructure first.
- WaPo op-ed: ‘Time to fold’: The rebels threatening Biden’s agenda are increasingly isolated
- Slate: House Democrats Turn, Briefly, From Fighting Each Other to Fighting the Clock
- Politico: Dem centrists say DCCC is threatening to withhold fundraising if they oppose Biden priority
- Intelligencer: Why Pelosi and Moderate Democrats Are in a Standoff Over Biden’s Agenda
- Climate Power: NEW RESULTS: VOTERS IN NINE MODERATE HOUSE DISTRICTS SAY CLEAN ENERGY, CLIMATE INVESTMENTS ON TOP OF BIPARTISAN INFRASTRUCTURE BILL ARE A PRIORITY
- Intelligencer: Gottheimer’s Suicide Squad Hurt Their Party But Gained Nothing
- Politico: Sinema: I simply won’t back a $3.5T spending bill
- CBS: House passes John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act on party lines
- NYT: The House passed a major voting rights measure, but it has a steep path in the Senate.
- CNN: Why the John Lewis Voting Rights Act is already doomed in the Senate
- WaPo: House passes bill to strengthen Voting Rights Act in face of new restrictions in GOP-led states
- Slate: House Democrats Just Got Serious About Reining In the Supreme Court
- Vox: Democrats have finally identified the greatest threat to voting rights — the Supreme Court
- NYT: As Democrats Renew Voting Rights Push, Offsetting Roberts Court Is Top of Mind
- House Judiciary Committee Face Sheet: H.R. 4, the “John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2021”
- Politico: Black Democrats urge party to shift its voting rights push
- Vox: Joe Manchin’s surprisingly bold proposal to fix America’s voting rights problem
- Intelligencer: What Would the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act Actually Do?
- Fivethirtyeight: Can Democrats Move Forward A Voting Rights Bill By Making A Moral Case For It?
- CNN: Why Virginia’s 2021 elections have national implications
- WAPO: In Virginia governor’s race, a raging debate about education takes center stage
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here.
For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.