Tommy and Ben talk about President Evo Morales’ abrupt departure from Bolivia and whether to call it a coup, the latest Brexit news, Turkish President Erdogan’s post-ethnic cleansing visit to DC, Russian interference in Africa, the White Helmets, why businesses just can’t quit Saudi Arabia and some wild White House personnel news. Then former Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd joins to talk about China and the toxic influence of the Murdoch media empire.
- NYT: “How Russia Meddles Abroad for Profit: Cash, Trolls and a Cult Leader”
- WSJ: “U.S. Drones Appear to Show Turkish-Backed Forces Targeting Civilians in Syria”
- NYT: “Erdogan Warns That Turkey Will Keep Deporting ISIS Detainees”
- Axios: “Uber CEO backtracks after calling Saudi murder of Khashoggi “a mistake””
- NYT: “Behind Trump’s Dealings With Turkey: Sons-in-Law Married to Power”
- NBC News: “Senior Trump official embellished résumé, had face on fake Time cover”
- Southern Poverty Law Center: “Stephen Miller’s Affinity for White Nationalism Revealed in Leaked Emails”