In This Episode
Trump hosts a state dinner for French President/bestie Emmanuel Macron, Democrats hope for an upset in an Arizona special election, and the California primaries are too crowded. Then Arizona teacher Kelley Fisher talks to Lovett about her role in organizing the teacher walkout this week.
Macron and Merkel visit DC
- Washington Post: As Macron arrives to meet Trump, fate of Iran nuclear deal is front and center
- Politico: France’s Macron arrives for ‘celebration’ of unlikely friendship with Trump
- Bloomberg: Macron, Merkel Prepare Hard Sell for Trump on Iran Deal
- Reuters: Merkel stresses importance of free trade ahead of visit to U.S.
- Axios: Emmanuel Macron’s master class in soothing Trump
- Washington Post: Macron wants to be Trump’s buddy. Can it last? Five flash points to watch.
- New York Times: Macron Takes a Risk in Courting Trump, but Has Little to Show for It
Trump Foreign Policy
- Politico: Corker: Trump ‘perfectly fine’ with scrapping Iran deal absent a fix
- Axios: Trump asked Netanyahu if he genuinely cares about peace
- ABC News: Trump says North Korea agreed to denuclearize. It hasn’t.
- CNN: What US and North Korea mean when they talk about denuclearization
- New York Times: North Korea Drops Troop Demand, but U.S. Reacts Warily
- NBC News: John Bolton presided over anti-Muslim think tank
- CNN: 2 more Democratic senators say they’ll vote for Pompeo
- Washington Post: Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign and WikiLeaks alleging 2016 campaign conspiracy
- Washington Post: DNC chairman defends lawsuit against Russia, Trump campaign, WikiLeaks
- Washington Post: Fearing Chaos, National Democrats Plunge Into Midterm Primary Fights
- The Daily Beast: Democrats Are Primed to Win Big, Reclaim the House, and Save Our Democracy. Here’s How They Could Blow It.
- Think Progress: Ahead of Arizona vote, Republican Debbie Lesko holds a clinic in tamping down expectations
- FiveThirtyEight: Everything You Need To Know About The Arizona 8th Special Election
- Fox: Hillary Clinton, not on ballot, is star of GOP midterm plan
- USA Today: Nancy Pelosi targeted in more than a third of GOP House commercials
Kelley Fisher of Arizona Educators United
- AZ Central: Ken Bennett, former Secretary of State, to challenge Gov. Doug Ducey in GOP primary
- New York Times: Arizona Teachers Vote in Favor of Statewide Walkout
- New York Times: Public Servants Are Losing Their Foothold in the Middle Class
- Phoenix New Times: The Smear Campaign Is Underway Against Arizona Teachers Before Strike
- CNN: This Arizona teacher could make $50,000 more by teaching 10 minutes away in California
- New York Times: Teacher Walkouts Threaten Republican Grip on Conservative States
Pod Save America is a no-bullshit conversation about politics hosted by Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Dan Pfeiffer and Tommy Vietor that breaks down the week’s news and helps people figure out what matters and how to help. New episodes out every MONDAY and THURSDAY. Check out more Pod Save America episodes!