This week Erin Ryan and Alyssa Mastromonaco discuss how our government has seemingly given up on the fight against COVID-19 and Ted Cruz’s relentless search for a guy to fight actor Ron Perlman. Then Tien Tran joins to discuss how to process positive changes in light of continued setbacks. Then, Sanity Corner.
Transgender Law Center offers legal resources to advance the rights of transgender and gender nonconforming people.
Trans Justice Funding Project is a community-led funding initiative that support grassroots trans justice groups run by-and-for trans people.
G.L.I.T.S Gays and Lesbians living a Transgender Society
Alyssa: Master of jam, website tk.
Tien: Mama Tran Eggroll Recipe
A quick disclaimer: I’m trying to bring precise measurements to my mother’s instructions of “I’m not sure, maybe a little less than a spoon or a little more. You know… to taste.” So, please forgive me for not delivering NYT Cooking-level accuracy, but I’m almost positive these are close-ish measurements.
Makes about 25 eggrolls.
- Egg roll wrapper (I’m a Spring Home brand fan)
- 1lb ground chicken
- ~1cup shredded carrots
- 1 serving of bean thread noodles (I use Lungkow brand, and they’re separated into serving sizes. How cute!)
- 1/3 of a yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1.5 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TBSP fish sauce
- Black pepper
- Green leaf lettuce
- Soak the bean threads in hot tap water for at least 15 mins. Drain and roughly chop.
- Make the marinade by combining the onions, brown sugar, and fish sauce. Mix well and adjust to taste.
- In a big bowl, combine the chicken, carrots, bean threads, and marinade. Mix well. Feel free to get your hands in there. As you’re mixing, sprinkle in some black pepper to finish.
- Wrap those lil egg roll babies up. There are lots of vids online for technique!
- Fry until golden brown and fully cooked inside. About 12-16 minutes per batch.
We usually eat them wrapped in a leaf of lettuce and dipped into nuoc cham. Here’s a great recipe for the sauce because I would definitely mess that one up. You can also make egg roll noodle bowls out of them, which is my fave.