DeRay, Clint, Brittany and Sam discuss the midterm elections, ballots to watch, decreased protections for transgender people, a new DUI law, and hiring discrimination. Boston City Councilor Ayanna Pressley joins DeRay to talk about her historic run for Congress.
- Pew: Tough New DUI Law Brings Controversy
- Vox: The Trump administration reportedly wants the government to revoke civil rights protections from transgender people
- New York Times: ‘Transgender’ Could Be Defined Out of Existence Under Trump Administration
- Vox: Study: anti-black hiring discrimination is as prevalent today as it was in 1989
- News & Observer: Passing a NC voter ID amendment would create a 21st century poll tax – Opinion
- News & Observer: What will happen if voter ID comes back to NC? Here’s what happened last time