In This Episode
The Douglas students start to move the needle on gun control, the Schiff memo obliterates the Nunes memo, Trump’s lawyers are worried he’ll lie to Mueller, and Democrats have a few primary problems. Then Ana Marie Cox joins Jon, Jon, and Tommy to talk about what she saw and heard at CPAC.
- USA Today Poll: Americans support tougher gun laws, don’t expect Congress to act
- CNN Poll: Trump approval slides, matches lowest point of presidency
- The Atlantic: Where Gun-Control Advocates Could Win in 2018
- The Hill: Dems want gun control, but worry it could cost them midterms
- New York Times: Companies Cut Ties to the N.R.A., but Find There Is No Neutral Ground
- Washington Post: NRA lashes out at boycott movement as United, Delta and other corporations cut ties
- Wall Street Journal: Blackstone Wants To Know About Funds’ Gun Investments
- New York Times: Defying N.R.A., Florida Lawmakers Back Raising Age Limits on Assault Rifles
- Miami Herald: Florida lawmakers, governor differ on gun-buying waiting period, arming teachers
- Washington Post: More governors willing to consider gun law changes after Florida shooting
- CNN: Republican governors want to do something on guns. But what?
- Washington Post: The NRA goes to DEFCON 1 with its new talking points
- The Atlantic: What Does Trump Actually Think About Gun Control?
- Politico: Background checks like ‘trying to put lipstick on a pig,’ lawmaker says
- Washington Post: House panel releases Democrats’ memo defending FBI surveillance of ex-Trump campaign aide
- New York Times: 5 Takeaways From the Release of the Democratic Memo
- Axios: War of the Memos
- Washington Post: Trump dismisses Democratic memo as a ‘BUST’ and takes another swipe at the ‘Witch Hunt’ probing his campaign
- New York Times: Mueller Is Gaining Steam. Should Trump Worry?
- New York Times: In Blow to Dianne Feinstein, California Democrats Won’t Endorse Senate Run
- LA Times: California Democrats agree they have too many candidates for Congress. What to do about them is the problem
- Vox: The DCCC is torching a Texas Democrat they’re afraid will win the primary
- The Intercept: Candidates Who Signed Up to Battle Donald Trump Must Get Past the Democratic Party First
Pod Save America is a no-bullshit conversation about politics hosted by Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Dan Pfeiffer and Tommy Vietor that breaks down the week’s news and helps people figure out what matters and how to help. New episodes out every MONDAY and THURSDAY. Check out more Pod Save America episodes!