Trump and conservatives target Ilhan Omar, red states restrict abortion, Mayor Pete’s meteoric rise continues, Cory Booker kicks off his campaign in Newark, and the new primary calendar may have unintended effects. Washington Governor Jay Inslee joins Jon, Jon, Tommy, Dan, and Alyssa Mastromonaco live on stage in Concord, New Hampshire. Check out more Pod Save America tour dates for 2019: crooked.com/events.
Trump vs Ilhan Omar
- New York Times: Trump Assails Ilhan Omar With Video of 9/11 Attacks
- Axios: Ilhan Omar declares “love for America” in response to Trump’s tweet
- Washington Post: President Trump targets Rep. Ilhan Omar with a video of twin towers burning
- Washington Post: ‘Some people did something’: Rep. Omar’s remarks in context – Fact Check
- Washington Post: “The president today made America smaller’: Democratic candidates react to Trump’s attack on Rep. Omar
- Newsweek: DAN CRENSHAW TELLS FOX NEWS THAT ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ’S TWEET TO HIM IS “ALMOST NOT WORTH RESPONDING TO
- Slate: It’s More Obvious Than Ever What Republicans Want With Ilhan Omar
- Vox: Republicans are taking Ilhan Omar’s comments on 9/11 out of context
- Vox: Democrats unite to condemn Trump tweet linking Ilhan Omar and 9/11
- Vanity Fair: DEMOCRATIC 2020 HOPEFULS CONDEMN TRUMP’S ILHAN OMAR TWEET—PELOSI, NOT SO MUCH
- Daily Beast: Nancy Pelosi: Trump Is ‘Wrong’ to Use Edited 9/11 Footage in ‘Political Attack’
- CNN: How Republicans are using Ilhan Omar for political gain
- Mother Jones: A New York Newspaper Ran an Attack on Rep. Ilhan Omar. Now Yemeni American Bodega Owners Are Boycotting It.
- Washington Post: A pure racist act: N.Y. Post slammed for using 9/11 to attack Rep. Omar over speech on Islamophobia
- Mother Jones: Rep. Ilhan Omar Was Right: Threats Against Muslim Americans Are Rising
- New York Magazine: Ilhan Omar Never Stood a Chance
- New York Magazine: Republicans Prove Ilhan Omar Is Right About Anti-Muslim Bigotry
- NBC News: Qasim Rashid Ilhan Omar’s 9/11 comments spark more false outrage — and expose anti-Muslim bias
- The Atlantic: Ilhan Omar Falls Victim to the Outrage Exhibitionists
- Washington Post: Rep. Ilhan Omar called Stephen Miller a ‘white nationalist.’ GOP critics accused her of anti-Semitism
- Vox: Ilhan Omar, AOC, and the silencing of women of color in Congress
- New York Times: Ohio’s Fetal Heartbeat Abortion Ban Is Latest Front in Fight Over Roe v. Wade
- USA Today: Ohio is the latest state to pass a ‘heartbeat’ abortion bill. Could the legal challenges eventually upend Roe v. Wade?
- The Cut: Ohio Just Became the Fifth State to Ban Abortion at 6 Weeks
- Washington Post: Antiabortion ‘heartbeat’ bills are illegal. Why do Republicans keep passing them?
- Vox: A Texas bill would allow the death penalty for patients who get abortions
- Washington Post: The surprising battle over ‘heartbeat bills’ among activists who oppose abortion
- Politico: Trump White House to screen anti-abortion movie Friday
- The Atlantic: Why States Want Certain Americans to Work for Medicaid
- Washington Post: Trump administration appeals rulings that blocked Medicaid work requirements
- Washington Post: Federal judge blocks Medicaid work requirements in Kentucky and Arkansas
- CNN: Trump administration allows Utah to curtail voter-approved Medicaid expansion
- CNN: GOP lawmakers set up roadblocks to voter-approved Medicaid expansion
- New York Times: Cory Booker, Citing a Rising Newark, Pitches a Campaign of ‘Justice’
- Politico: Booker jolts campaign by launching national tour
- Washington Post: Sen. Cory Booker formally joins presidential race with an echo of Martin Luther King Jr.: “We can’t wait.”
- BuzzFeed: Cory Booker’s Message Is About Immediacy, But His Campaign Is Trying To Play The Long Game
- NBC Chicago: Buttigieg Campaign Event Moved Indoors Due to Bad Weather Forecast
- CNN: Pete Buttigieg pushed an aggressive plan to revitalize South Bend. Not everyone felt its benefits.
- BuzzFeed: What Happened When Pete Buttigieg Tore Down Houses In Black And Latino South Bend
- Wired: PETE BUTTIGIEG REVIVED SOUTH BEND WITH TECH. UP NEXT: AMERICA
- Bloomberg: Buttigieg Sees Polling Jump Among 2020 Democrats in Early States
- New York Times: Pete Buttigieg, Gay and Christian, Challenges Religious Right on Their Own Turf
- Politico: Buttigieg draws huge crowd at Northeastern U.
- Wall Street Journal: California Upends 2020 Democratic Primary Calendar
- Washington Post: The fractured Democratic field strongly benefits the leading candidates for one very big reason
- New York Times: Democratic Candidates Visited 115 Cities Across 20 States in One Month
- Bloomberg: Democratic Hopefuls Push Past Iowa With Early Primaries in Mind
- Wall Street Journal: Harris Snubs Iowa and New Hampshire – Op-Ed
- New York Times: Fewer States Will Have Caucuses in 2020. Will It Matter?
- McClatchy: Bernie Sanders vs. Kamala Harris: These Dems are plotting sweeping Super Tuesday strategies
- St. Anselm’s College Survey Center