In This Episode
President Biden focuses on democracy as his closing midterm message, Democrats angst over the party’s strategy and look for signs of hope in the early vote, Senator Mark Kelly joins to talk about his must win race in Arizona. And later, Jon and Dan play a round of Two Takes and a Fake.
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.
MIDTERMS ROUND UP
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Polls hint at Dems’ demographic dilemma
- NYT: Top Democrats Question Their Party’s Strategy as Midterm Worries Grow
- Playbook: Breaking down 2022’s closing arguments
- CNN Poll: Republicans, backed by enthusiasm and economic concerns, hold a narrow edge ahead of next week’s congressional election
- WSJ: White Suburban Women Swing Toward Backing Republicans for Congress
- Politico: Voters remain gloomy despite recent economic gains
- Politico: Amid political violence and rise of disinformation, Biden looks to keep focus on economy
- FiveThirtyEightPodcast: How Do All These Republican Polls Affect The Model?
- FivethirtyeightPodcast: Americans Are Still Most Concerned About Inflation
- NevadaIndependent: The early voting blog, 2022
- Vanity Fair: REPUBLICANS ARE GETTING WAY TOO MUCH CREDIT FOR THEIR ECONOMIC MESSAGE
- Politico: The Biden gap and the partisan poll flood: Breaking down the latest Senate surveys
- The Atlantic: Hurting Democracy Won’t Help the Economy
- Fivethirtyeight: The Polls Are Getting Better For Republicans