In This Episode
DeRay, Clint, Sam, and Brittany discuss the overlooked news, including the population decline in Chicago’s public schools, how jury selection is shaped by racism, affirmative action, and telling fact from opinion. Valerie Jarrett and John Zimmer join DeRay to talk about Lyft and how they’re helping Americans exercise their right to vote.
- Chicago Tribune: Chicago Public Schools enrollment drops by 10,000 students
- Chalkbeat: The tension between Chicago enrollment declines and new schools
- Vox: How racism shapes jury selection
- The Conversation: How do colleges use affirmative action? Even some activists don’t understand
- The Atlantic: Older People Are Worse Than Young People at Telling Fact From Opinion
- Lyft: The Ride to Vote: Use Lyft to Exercise Your Rights