In This Episode
Joe Manchin is Joe Manchining all over infrastructure and voting rights legislation, New Yorker writer Jelani Cobb joins to discuss the right-wing hysteria over teaching kids about racism, and Joe Biden meets Vladimir Putin in the most hotly-anticipated summit of the summer.
PROGRESSIVES STRIKE BACK
- CNN: Here’s what we know about the bipartisan infrastructure deal
- ABC News: Senate progressives threaten to tank bipartisan infrastructure deal
- Politico: Progressives draw red line on keeping climate provisions in infrastructure bill
- CNN: Ocasio-Cortez on backing infrastructure deal: ‘I doubt it’
- Truthout: Progressives Tell Biden “No Climate, No Deal” on Infrastructure Plan
- NPR: Rep. Pramila Jayapal Talks About Ongoing Infrastructure Negotiations
- NY1: Rep. Ritchie Torres: ‘We no longer live in a democracy. We live in the tyranny of Joe Manchin’
- Playbook: The folly of bullying Joe Manchin
- Yahoo: Democrats prepared to move forward alone while moving ahead with ‘two-track’ infrastructure plan
- CNN: How Democrats are laying the groundwork now for a potential reconciliation bill
- Playbook: Sanders vs. Sinema: Biden agenda threatened by Democratic infighting
- Politico: Why Bernie’s not sweating White House’s infrastructure dance with GOP
- Bloomberg: Elizabeth Warren and AOC Lay Down Climate Challenge to Biden
- Vox: What Chuck Schumer can learn from Harry Reid
- WaPo: Democrats raise fresh alarms on emerging Senate infrastructure compromise
- WaPo: Senate Democrats, Republicans prepare to sell nearly $1 trillion infrastructure deal to White House
- WaPo: Manchin outlines demands on voting legislation, creating an opening for potential Democratic compromise
- CNN: Democrats woo Manchin on major voting bill in bid to win unified party support
- Slate: Democrats Should Leap at the Chance to Take Joe Manchin’s Deal
- Politico: Manchin privately strategizes with GOP on his party’s stalled elections bill
- The Intercept: LEAKED AUDIO OF SEN. JOE MANCHIN CALL WITH BILLIONAIRE DONORS PROVIDES RARE GLIMPSE OF DEALMAKING ON FILIBUSTER AND JANUARY 6 COMMISSION
- CNN: 5 takeaways from the summit between Biden and Putin
- NYT: Biden and Putin say the talks went well, but divisions remain on issues like cyberattacks and human rights
- AP: ‘Pure Business’ at the Biden-Putin summit: No hugs, no brickbats
- Vox Recode: What you need to know about ransomware and the future of cyberattacks
- NYT: Shifting Focus, NATO Views China as a Global Security Challenge
- WaPo: The long, terrifying history of Russian dissidents being poisoned abroad
- Politico: 5 things to watch for during the Biden-Putin summit
- Slate: There’s Reason to Be a Little Hopeful About the Biden-Putin Summit
- NYT Opinion: Biden and Putin Have Bigger Problems Than Biden and Putin
- CNN: Biden says Putin is right about US-Russia relations being at ‘a low point’ ahead of summit
- Reuters: G7 ‘circus’ gives leaders a chance to hug, hustle and joke
- MSNBC: Defying irony, GOP alleges White House ‘weakness’ toward Russia
- NYT: Republicans call Biden ‘soft’ on Russia, leaving out Trump’s defense of Putin.
- ABC News: Still a summit secret: What happened in Helsinki between Putin and Trump?
- CNN: Don’t ever forget what happened at the Donald Trump-Vladimir Putin summit
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here.
For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.