In This Episode
Democrats finally pass the $1.2 trillion Infrastructure Bill, climate reporter Dave Roberts joins the pod to talk about week two of the COP26 Climate Summit, and Tommy and Lovett break down some of the most annoying non-headlines from the weekend including Josh Hawley’s masculinity crisis and Ted Cruz’s presidential endorsement of Joe Rogan.
INFRASTRUCTURE BILL PASSES
- NYT: Ferries in Alaska. Rail in Oregon. States Dream Big on Infrastructure Funds.
- NYT: Biden Celebrates Infrastructure Win, Even if Harder Victory Is Ahead
- WaPo: With infrastructure vote, Buttigieg gains a multibillion-dollar tool to speed up megaproject
- Axios: House passes $1.2T bipartisan infrastructure bill, sending it to Biden’s desk
- Politico: House ships $550B infrastructure legislation to Biden’s desk after months of delay
- WaPo: GOP erupts over its House members bailing out Biden
- WaPo: What does infrastructure package’s passing mean for the Democrats’ bigger social spending bill?
- USAToday: Biden’s approval drops to 38% in USA TODAY/Suffolk poll
- LA TIMES: Column: Biden’s in deep trouble. He can still bounce back
- NYTIMES: Bill Clinton Saved His Presidency. Here’s How Biden Can, Too.
- Vox: Democrats passed a $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill, but their larger climate and social spending bill is still in doubt.
- WaPo: Countries’ climate pledges built on flawed data, Post investigation finds
- NYT: Can Glasgow Deliver on a Global Climate Deal?
- NPR:Thousands protest in Glasgow and around the world for action against climate change
- Axios: Negotiations at COP26 are about to get a lot tougher
- Axios: Obama at COP26: America is “back”
- NPR: This is what the world looks like if we pass the crucial 1.5-degree climate threshold
- NYT: Methane Isn’t the Only Superpollutant Burning Up the Planet
- NYT: Barack Obama Returns to Climate Talks With a Call for ‘Ongoing Activism’
- Politico: Obama hits Russia, China for ‘absence of urgency’ on climate
- CNN: Obama swipes at Trump for ‘four years of active hostility’ on climate in Glasgow speech
- NYT: Infrastructure Bill Makes First Major U.S. Investment in Climate Resilience
- Axios: What the $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill means for climate change
- Vox: It’s time to freak out about methane emissions
- NYT: Climate Change Became the Largest Part of Biden Spending Bill
- WaPo: Build Back Better won’t be perfect. But it can be much better than it is now.
- The Week: Why climate advocates are happy with Biden’s spending framework (10/28)
IF THAT WASN’T BAD ENOUGH
- Axios: Sen. Josh Hawley defends speech on porn and video games
- Common Sense with Bari Weiss: We Can’t Wait for Universities to Fix Themselves. So We’re Starting a New One.
- HuffPost: Ted Cruz Talks About Joe Rogan Being ‘President’ Of Texas If State Secedes From U.S.
- NBC K5: Washington lawmaker co-sponsors bill to make daylight saving time permanent
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here.
For a transcript of this episode, please email email@example.com and include the name of the podcast.