In This Episode
Joe Biden is having a less than stellar September thanks to crises abroad and setbacks at home, the Wall Street Journal’s Jeff Horwitz talks to Tommy Vietor about his team’s scathing five-part series on Facebook, and early voting begins in the most important and most competitive off-year election, the Virginia gubernatorial between Terry McAuliffe and Glenn Youngkin.
WOE IS JOE
- AP News: France’s Macron to talk to Biden amid crisis over submarines
- ABC: Pentagon’s drone strike acknowledgement was the correct response: Mullen
- Politico: Confusion over Biden’s booster plan riles governors
- NBC: US closes part of Texas border, begins flying Haitians home
- Reuters: Analysis: French break-up a blow to Biden’s China-focused alliance rebuilding
- CNBC: Fauci defends FDA panel, says it didn’t make a mistake rejecting booster Covid shots for all Americans
- Fox: NBC’s Chuck Todd says Biden has ‘a pretty big credibility crisis’ after weekend setbacks
- AP: One stunning afternoon: Setbacks imperil Biden’s reset
- Vox: Nuclear subs and a diplomatic blowup: The US-France clash, explained
- Politico: POLITICO Playbook: What the Pentagon knew about that drone attack
- WaPo: Biden’s Entire Presidential Agenda Rests on Expansive Spending Bill
- NYT: Pentagon acknowledges Aug. 29 drone strike in Afghanistan was a tragic mistake that killed 10 civilians.
- US Department of Defense: Statement by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on the Results of Central Command Investigation Into the 29 August Airstrike
- Boston Globe: Four things to know about the FDA panel’s booster shot vote
- NYT: How Hope, Fear and Misinformation Led Thousands of Haitians to the U.S. Border
- WaPo: Is Biden normalizing Trump’s foreign policy?
JEFF HORWITZ ON WSJ FACEBOOK FILES
- WSJ: The Facebook Files
- WSJ: Facebook Says Its Rules Apply to All. Company Documents Reveal a Secret Elite That’s Exempt.
- WSJ: Facebook Knows Instagram Is Toxic for Teen Girls, Company Documents Show
- WSJ: Facebook Tried to Make Its Platform a Healthier Place. It Got Angrier Instead.
- WSJ: How Facebook Hobbled Mark Zuckerberg’s Bid to Get America Vaccinated
- BIZ INSIDER: Facebook fires back at damning Wall Street Journal reports that found the company to be ‘riddled with flaws’
- SALON: Mark Zuckerberg’s bad week: Senators demand answers after exposé reveals Instagram is toxic for kids
- NYT OP-ED: The Endless Facebook Apology
VIRGINIA GUBERNATORIAL RACE
- The Hill: Virginia governor’s race enters new phase as early voting begins
- WaPo: McAuliffe, Youngkin locked in tight race for Virginia governor, Post-Schar School poll finds
- Politico: Voting begins in crucial Virginia governor’s race
- Yahoo: Virginia governor’s race is next up in national spotlight
- CNN: McAuliffe and Youngkin spar over Covid vaccine requirements in first Virginia debate
- C-SPAN: Virginia Gubernatorial Debate full video
- WAVY: McAuliffe and Youngkin in neck and neck race for Virginia governor, new poll shows ahead of first debate
- FiveThirtyEight: Why A Republican Might Win In Virginia’s Governor Race, And How New Jersey’s Race Could Get Tighter
- WaPo op-ed: Abortion enters the Virginia governor’s race
- The Atlantic: The Trump Suburban Squirm
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here.
For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.