In This Episode
Joe Biden takes on Republican voter suppression in Georgia, Wisconsin Democratic Party Chair Ben Wikler talks about Ron Johnson’s re-election announcement and saving democracy in the Badger State, and Ted Cruz grovels to Tucker Carlson for referring to violent insurrectionists as terrorists.
BIDEN COMES OUT SWINGING
- Punchbowl: A week of reckoning for Democrats
- WaPo: Biden breaks his silence: Inside his decision to forcefully denounce Trump
- Playbook: Biden faces his moment on the filibuster
- WaPo: White House allies split over inflation plan as Biden trains attacks on corporate greed
- WaPo: Bipartisanship is out for Biden. It’s about time.
- WaPo: Biden will make a critical speech on voting rights. He must keep in mind two audiences.
- WSJ: Biden Has Met the Enemy, and He Is Us
- NYT: Steve Bannon Is Onto Something
- NYT: Biden Comes Out Swinging Against Republicans as His Agenda Stalls
- Politico: ‘We are going right to the belly of the beast’: Biden takes on Georgia
- FiveThirtyEight: Why Democrats Keep Bringing Up Voting Rights
- CNN: Michelle Obama’s urgent message about this year’s midterm elections
- Politico: Michelle Obama and coalition vow to register more than a million new voters
- CNN: Biden touts low unemployment rate after US adds fewer jobs in December than expected
- NBC: Economy gained just 199,000 jobs in December, far below expectations
- WaPo: Whatever your assessment of jobs numbers in Biden’s first year, take it with a grain of salt
RON JOHNSON AND WISCONSIN W/BEN WIKLER
- NYT: Ron Johnson, G.O.P. Senator From Wisconsin, Will Seek Re-election.
- WSJ: Why I’m Seeking a Third Senate Term
- AP: Wisconsin GOP leader: ‘Zero chance’ of taking over elections
- WPR: GOP bill would add more voting restrictions on those with felony convictions in Wisconsin
- CNN: ‘It’s the same story’: Wisconsin Republicans’ secretive review of 2020 election takes lessons from Arizona’s conspiracy-laden process
- TPM: Wisconsin GOP’s Election Investigator Calls On Republican Who Criticized Him To Resign
- Madison: ‘Zero chance’ of Legislature taking over elections, Wisconsin GOP leader says
- Newsweek: GOP-Aligned Group Finds No Evidence of Wisconsin Voter Fraud After 10-Month Investigation
- PBS: ‘This is a charade’: GOP senator, voting experts urge Wisconsin Republicans to halt election attacks
- WPR: Dane County judge rejects attorney general’s attempt to block GOP election investigation subpoena
- US News and World Report: Wisconsin GOP Senate Leader Opposes ‘Blowing Up’ Elections
- WaPo: Ron Johnson somehow isn’t clear on why post-illness immunity is worse than no-illness immunity
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.