In This Episode
Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson sails through the first day of Republican attacks during her confirmation hearing, Surgeon General Vivek Murthy joins to talk through the White House’s plea for Covid funding in advance of a possible uptick in cases, and comedian/director Judd Apatow is in studio for a special round of Take Appreciator.
- Playbook: 4 things to watch when Jackson raises her right hand
- Roll Call: Democrats, Republicans draw lines at opening of Ketanji Brown Jackson Supreme Court confirmation hearing
- NYT: After Three Rounds, Judge Jackson Knows the Confirmation Playbook
- CNN: How Ketanji Brown Jackson is preparing for questions about her record on crime
- Politico: Jackson’s hearings could produce fireworks. These are the topics that’ll likely cause sparks.
- MSNBC: Josh Hawley’s attempt to smear Ketanji Brown Jackson backfires
- Politico: 55 Things You Need to Know About Ketanji Brown Jackson
- NYT: On Eve of Confirmation Hearings, G.O.P. Steps Up Attacks on Jackson
- WaPo editorial board: Some Republicans are preparing to attack Jackson. Why not do something productive?
- Fox News: MSNBC guest on Sen. Josh Hawley bringing up Ketanji Brown Jackson’s record: ‘Trying to get her killed’
- LAT op-ed: The sickening Republican smear campaign against Ketanji Brown Jackson
- WaPo: How Ketanji Brown Jackson’s path to the Supreme Court differs from the current justices
- The Atlantic: The Court Ketanji Brown Jackson Knew
- Media Matters: A baseless smear about SCOTUS nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson is exploding in right-wing media and extremist circles
- Salon: Republicans blame Democrats for crime — but new data shows higher murder rates in red states
- The Atlantic: America Is Zooming Through the Pandemic Panic-Neglect Cycle
- WaPo: Republicans reluctant on $15 billion in virus aid, as White House warns about pandemic readiness
- Politico: House Dems clear $1.5T spending deal after stripping Covid aid
- Politico: Dems search for next steps on Covid aid as headaches pile up
- The Atlantic: Republicans Think They Can Win the COVID Funding Fight
- Politico: Europe’s Covid spike has Biden officials concerned, could lead to return of masks
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.