In This Episode
First, Tommy and Ben talk about the ongoing Brexit disaster, Dick Cheney’s surprisingly accurate criticisms of Trump’s foreign policy, the rollback of Obama-era rules about disclosing civilian casualties, and important updates from Venezuela. Then, Tommy talks with immigration and human rights activist Enrique Morones about his work on the US-Mexico border.
- New York Times: U.S. Tracked Activists and Journalists as Migrant Caravans Headed to the Border
- Reuters: U.S. officials track migrant caravan activists, journalists
- Daily Beast: Report: Trump Administration Created ‘Database’ of Caravan Journos, Lawyers, and Activists to Track
- Los Angeles Times: The U.S. tracked border activists, journalists and attorneys. Is it legal?
- The Intercept: JOURNALISTS, LAWYERS, AND ACTIVISTS WORKING ON THE BORDER FACE COORDINATED HARASSMENT FROM U.S. AND MEXICAN AUTHORITIES
- Cornell Latino Studies Program: A conversation with Enrique Morones, Founder and Director of Border Angels
- USA Today: Homeland Security focuses on border security — not processing asylum applications from migrant caravan
- Washington Post: Activists making ‘water drops’ for migrants near border say government intimidation is rising