In This Episode
Joe Biden announces a bipartisan infrastructure deal, Senator Amy Klobuchar talks to Dan Pfeiffer about what’s next for voting rights, Democrats grapple with the issue of crime, and this week’s most important question: could the next Speaker of the House be Donald Trump?
- Intelligencer: Democrats’ Voting Rights Push Stalled. It Was Still Worth It.
- NYT: A Bill Destined to Fail May Now Spawn More Plausible Options
- WaPo Opinion: The GOP shows Manchin and Sinema that saving democracy is a partisan issue
- AP: GOP filibuster blocks Democrat’s big voting rights bill
- The Daily: Lessons from the Demise of a Voting Rights Bill
- NYT: Democrats Vow to Redouble Voting Push: ‘Today Is the Starter Pistol’
- The Atlantic: The Democrats’ Dead End on Voting Rights
- Brennan Center for Justice: Voting Laws Roundup: May 2021
- Brennan Center for Justice: Congress Must Pass the ‘For the People Act’
- The Hill: Harris meets with Stacey Abrams, voting rights advocates
- CNN: Why Biden didn’t do more to avert voting rights defeat
- Slate: The Right Way to Get the most Urgent Voting Rights Passed
- Axios: Democrats’ losing hand on voting rights
- Roll Call: Biden puts voting rights in Harris’ portfolio ahead of Senate debate
- NYT: Democratic Group Will Pour $20 Million Into Voting Rights Efforts
- The Hill: Murkowski to vote ‘no’ on voting rights bills
- WaPo Opinion: Kyrsten Sinema: We have more to lose than gain by ending the filibuster
- NBC: John Lewis voting rights bill faces steep uphill climb in Senate
- FOX: Kayleigh McEnany op-ed: Biden and America’s crime spike – don’t be fooled by president’s revisionist history
- MediaMatters: Fox host Rachel Campos-Duffy: America is on “the path” to antifa-run towns
- The Atlantic: Why America’s Great Crime Decline Is Over
- The Dispatch: Are Rising Crime Rates a Blip or a Longer-Term Concern?
- CNN: Biden set to announce his gun crime prevention and public safety strategy as White House looks to tackle crime surge
- The Crime Report: DOJ Launches ‘Strike Forces’ to Target Gun Trafficking
- CNN: Concerns rising inside White House over surge in violent crime
- NBC: Biden tackles crime, again — but this time he’s in charge
- WaPo op-ed: Biden is about to propose a crime plan. How about a real debate about this?
- Slate: Why NYC Might Elect a Former Cop as Mayor
- The New Yorker: Policing Politics Takes Over the New York City Mayoral Race
- Intelligencer: Democrat Wins Big in New Mexico Special Congressional Election
- NYT: Why a New Mexico House Race Is a Crucial Test of the G.O.P. Focus on Crime
- Slate: Why New York’s Chaotic, Depressing Election Matters for America
- NYPD: Overall Crime in New York City Reaches Record Low in 2020
- WaPo: Biden launches an effort to head off violent crime — and political peril for his party
- The New Republic: Can the Politics of Police Reform Survive the Crime Rates of Our Pandemic Year?
- Yahoo: Will rising crime rates sink the push for police reform?
- NYT: Why People Misperceive Crime Trends (Chicago Is Not the Murder Capital)
- Axios: McCarthy asked about Trump becoming House Speaker
- Mediaite: Matt Schlapp Tells Newsmax Republicans Could ‘Crown’ Trump as Speaker If They Win Back Majority in the House
- Guardian: Trump has ‘zero desire’ to be speaker of House, spokesman says
- CNN: Donald Trump for … speaker of the House?
- MSNBC: GOP chatter about possibly electing Trump as House Speaker grows
- Congressional Research Service: Electing the Speaker of the House of
- Representatives: Frequently Asked Questions
- Intelligencer: Could Trump Become Speaker of the House?
- The Atlantic: Who Is Trump Reaching?
- CNN op-ed: Trump World’s latest crazy idea could be good for Democrats
- The Hill: DeSantis tops Trump in 2024 presidential straw poll
- Yahoo!: Meadows says DeSantis won’t run against Trump in 2024
- Daily Beast: Trump Wanted His Justice Department to Stop ‘SNL’ From Teasing Him
- CNN: Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner distance themselves from the former President and his constant complaints
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here.
For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.