In This Episode
Tommy talks with the outgoing National Counterterrorism Center chief Nick Rasmussen. Nick worked in senior counterterrorism roles for Presidents Bush, Obama, and Trump, and they discussed how weird the transition from Obama to Trump was, how you hunt terrorists, how you fight ISIS propaganda, Trump’s North Korea summit and more.
- Washington Post: Opinion: On North Korea, Trump must avoid his usual bluster
- NPR: Preparing to Leave, National Counterterrorism Center Director Reviews Threats
- Washington Post: New clues bolster belief that ISIS leader is still alive – and busy with a chilling new mission
- New York Times: The Hunt for ISIS Pivots to Remaining Pockets in Syria
- New York Times: The U.S. Has Pummeled Al Qaeda in Yemen. But the Threat is Barely Dented
- Washington Post: Senior counterterrorism official expresses concern about access in U.S. to lethal weaponry