First, Ben Rhodes calls in from Europe to talk about the Munich Security Summit, Steve Bannon running around Europe, and Trump selling nuclear power plants to Saudi Arabia. Then, former National Security Advisor Tom Donilon joins Tommy for a ranging discussion of how he got the job, best and worst days, relations with China, Russia, Trump’s second North Korea summit and more.
- BlackRock Geopolitical Risk Dashboard: Full Report
- Washington Post: Russia will be back. Here’s how to hack-proof the next election.
- C-Span: The Aspen Strategy Group- Technology and National Security
- Buffett Institute: Tom Donilon, former national security advisor to President Obama, on cybersecurity and the “return of geopolitical competition”
- The Asia Group: The Tear Leaves Podcast: In The News Tom Donilon
- Politico: Why Trump won’t cancel the Putin summit
- Politico: White House says Trump to meet Putin one-on-one
- Independent Commission on Regional Security Architecture: Preserving the Long Peace in Asia The Institutional Building Blocks of Long-Term Regional Security
- Asia Society Institute Report Launch: Multilateral Cooperation in Turbulent Times: Mitigating Asia-Pacific Security Challenges
- CNN: Obama national security adviser: Pulling out of Iran deal is the worst US move in Middle East since Iraq War
- The Global Politico: Tom Donilon: The Full Transcript
- Medium: Lessons from the Obama Administration: Why Gender Equality Should Continue to Be Part of U.S. Foreign Policy