In This Episode
Jon, Jon, and Tommy discuss the renewed FBI investigation into Brett Kavanaugh, Jeff Flake’s change of heart, and the shifting politics of Supreme Court nominations. Then Jon F. talks to Ana Maria Archila about confronting Jeff Flake in an elevator and the importance of direct engagement.
- New York Times: White House Tells F.B.I. to Interview Anyone Necessary for Kavanaugh Inquiry
- New York Times: Democrats Denounce Limits on F.B.I.’s Kavanaugh Inquiry as a ‘Farce’
- New Yorker: The Confusion Surrounding the F.B.I.’s Renewed Investigation of Brett Kavanaugh
- New York Times: The F.B.I. Can Do This – Despite limitations and partisan attacks, the bureau can find out a lot about the Kavanaugh accusations in a week. – Opinion
- NBC News: Limits to FBI’s Kavanaugh investigation have not changed, despite Trump’s comments
- Vox: The White House is reportedly limiting the FBI’s Kavanaugh investigation. Trump says that’s not the case
- Washington Post: Fight over Kavanaugh intensifies amid confusion over limits of FBI sexual assault investigation
- The Atlantic: The Limits of the FBI’s Kavanaugh Probe
- CNN: Three things FBI must investigate on Ford and Kavanaugh – Op-Ed
- New York Times: Kellyanne Conway Says She Was a Victim of Sexual Assault
- Washington Post: The Daily 202: Limited FBI investigation of Kavanaugh offers road map for how Trump could try to constrain Mueller
- New York Times: A Tumultuous 24 Hours: How Jeff Flake Delayed a Vote on Kavanaugh
- CBS: Behind the scenes of Jeff Flake’s decision to call for an FBI probe into Kavanaugh allegations
- Lawfare: How Rod Rosenstein Protects the Mueller Investigation
- CBS News: Brett Kavanaugh wrongly claimed he could drink legally in Maryland in high school
- CNN: Yale classmate says Kavanaugh has “not told the truth” about his drinking
- Slate: Kavanaugh Lied to the Judiciary Committee—Repeatedly
- Washington Post: Cornered on ‘Renate Alumnius,’ Kavanaugh shifts blame to ‘media circus’
- New York Times: At Times, Kavanaugh’s Defense Misleads or Veers Off Point – The Alleged Attendees
- Vox: I believe Brett Kavanaugh
- Vox: Every time Ford and Kavanaugh dodged a question in one chart
- Salon: Sociologist explains how Brett Kavanaugh brazenly misled the Senate Judiciary Committee
- New York Times: Chad Ludington’s Statement on Kavanaugh’s Drinking and Senate Testimony
What argument should the Dems be making to Collins, Murkowski, and Flake?
- Vox: Susan Collins, one of the most important swing votes on Kavanaugh’s nomination, explained
- Boston Globe: Mainers weigh in on Susan Collins ahead of Brett Kavanaugh vote
- Bangor Daily News: Protesters at Collins’ Bangor home urge her to vote against Kavanaugh
- Reuters: Republican Senator Murkowski backs idea of delay in vote on Kavanaugh
- New Yorker: With Brett Kavanaugh, as with Donald Trump, Conservatives Defend a Tainted Nominee
- New York Times: How Jeff Flake May Have Saved Republicans From Themselves
- Huffington Post: Fewer Believe Brett Kavanaugh Than His Accuser, Poll Finds
- CBS News: Brett Kavanaugh, Christine Blasey Ford hearing spurs more division – CBS News Poll
- Reuters: Four in 10 believe allegations against Kavanaugh, three in 10 do not: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- Bloomberg: A Stark Gender Gap Emerges in Americans’ View of Kavanaugh
- New York Times: Kavanaugh Could Help G.O.P. in Senate Midterms. But Not in House Races.
- FiveThirtyEight: Do Republican Women Support Kavanaugh?
- Axios: A 4-4 court?
- Axios: Avenatti wants “full” FBI Kavanaugh probe to be 2020 litmus test
- The Atlantic: Kavanaugh’s Partisanship Is a Threat to the Supreme Court’s Legitimacy
- The Intercept: Pack The Supreme Court
Candidate of the Day: Antonio Delgado – NY-19
- Times-Herald-Record: Faso, Delgado square off at 19th Congressional District forum
- Washington Post: Did Republicans go too far with an ad featuring a black congressional candidate’s rap lyrics?
- Washington Post: So this is how Paul Ryan says goodbye
- Albany Times Union: Faso narrowly leads Delgado in congressional poll
- New York Times: A Congressional Candidate Used to Be a Rapper. Will It Matter?
Ana Maria Archila
- USA Today: I confronted Jeff Flake over Brett Kavanaugh. Survivors like me won’t stand for injustice
- Washington Post: ‘I was demanding a connection’: Ana Maria Archila reflects on confronting Jeff Flake over Kavanaugh nomination
- Huffington Post: Sexual Assault Survivor Poignantly Explains Why She Confronted Jeff Flake
- CNN: ‘Enraged’ woman who confronted Flake wanted ‘a hero’
- CNN: The elevator moment: when to speak up, when to stay quiet, and the power of both
- New York Times: Jeff Flake Is Confronted on Video by Sexual Assault Survivors
- Boston Globe: A Northeastern graduate confronted Jeff Flake in an elevator
- Washington Post: Did two women in an elevator just change everything? – Op-Ed