In This Episode
Israel has begun a full-scale siege of the Gaza Strip after Hamas launched a surprise attack on Saturday. Republican politicians wasted no time blaming Biden for the attack, despite his administration offering full support for Israel. Meanwhile, the race to be the next Speaker of the House kicks off a busy week. RFK Jr. announces he’s dropping out of the 2024 Democratic Primary and launching a third-party bid for president. Later, former Republican Congressman Adam Kinzinger stops by to talk about the chaos his old colleagues in the House have created.
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email email@example.com and include the name of the podcast.
Join the World-Wide Digital Experience “Pod Save America Live from DC” on October 19 at 8 PM ET with Co-host Symone Sanders and Special Guests Senator John Fetterman, Chef Jose Andres, and Jennifer Carroll Foy.
- CNBC: X, formerly Twitter, amplifies disinformation amid the Israel-Hamas conflict
- Haaretz: Netanyahu Bears Responsibility for This Israel-Gaza War
- Haaretz: Another Concept Implodes: Israel Can’t Be Managed by a Criminal Defendant
- Politico Mag: ‘We’ve Been Shaken Out of This Fantasy’: How the Left Sees the War in Israel
- WSJ: Iran Helped Plot Attack on Israel Over Several Weeks
- Guardian: Nine US citizens killed in Hamas attacks on Israel, state department says
- Guardian: How did Hamas manage to carry out its rampage through southern Israel?
- NYT: For Israelis, the scale of the tragedy — and the state’s failure — is starting to set in.
- WaPo: Israel declares Gaza siege as Hamas fires rockets and toll mounts
- WaPo: Biden administration scrambles to deter wider Mideast conflict
- Atlantic: Is Israel at War With Iran?
- Reuters: EU freezes development aid to Palestinians after Hamas attack
- Haaretz: Israeli Opposition Party Proposes Emergency War Cabinet Without Far Right
- Politico: ‘Rudderless and leaderless’: House GOP lurches forward after Israel attacks
- Politico: Israel seeks missiles, artillery from U.S. following Hamas attack
- Punchbowl: October 9, 2023
- Punchbowl: Interview with Scalise:
- Punchbowl: Interview with Jordan
- WaPo: The Jim Jordan-ization of the GOP [long list of Jordan’s shittiest moments]
- NYT: Scalise, a McCarthy Rival, Seeks to Unite Republicans in Taking His Place
- Nola.com Stephanie Grace: Jan. 6 vote notwithstanding, Steve Scalise is the best hope for a functional U.S. House
- Politico: McCarthy won’t rule out return to speakership after Israel attacks
- AP News: Robert F. Kennedy Jr. will run for president as an independent and drop his Democratic primary bid
- CNN: RFK Jr. is polling high for an independent. But it may not last