In This Episode
Paul Ryan needs Democratic votes to keep the government open, and the Democrats can’t decide whether to demand a vote on dreamers. The White House covers up a senior aide’s domestic abuse allegations, and Pennsylvania may be headed towards a constitutional crisis. Jon, Jon, Tommy, Dan, and Alyssa are joined by business owner and community activist Wanda James live on stage in Denver, Colorado.
Spending Deal (3:40)
- New York Times: Senate Leaders Reach Budget Deal to Raise Spending Over Two Years
- Vox: What liberals won in the budget deal
- New York Times: Trump Signs Budget Deal to Raise Spending and Reopen Government
- Politico: Pelosi’s Dreamers protest leaves some Democrats underwhelmed
- Bloomberg: What Is Nancy Pelosi Up To?
- The Hill: Paul Ryan says he has the votes for budget deal
- Vox: The Senate’s immigration debate is really at least 7 different debates
- US News: Ryan Vows to Find Solution to DACA, Immigration Reform
White House, Rob Porter, John Kelly (19:45)
- New York Times: Rob Porter, White House Aide, Resigns After Accusations of Abuse
- Washington Post: Senior White House official to resign after ex-wives’ allegations of abuse
- CNN: White House officials knew about Porter’s abuse allegations and scrambled to protect him
- Politico: In new statement, Kelly says he was ‘shocked’ by Porter allegations and condemns abuse
- Politico: Democrats request investigation into White House security clearance process
- Washington Post: John Kelly’s credibility is at risk after defending aide accused of domestic violence
- New York Times: Justices Won’t Block Pennsylvania Gerrymandering Decision
- CNN: Pennsylvania Republican wants to impeach judges in gerrymandering case
- Kansas City Star: A Democrat flips a Missouri House seat, and GOP infighting ensues
- Roll Call: DCCC Expands to 101 Targets in 2018
- CBS: Is President Trump’s approval rating on the rise?