In This Episode
Fox’s lies cost them more than three-quarters of a billion dollars, House Republicans settle on a wildly unpopular debt ceiling ransom, and Ron DeSantis lets a wave of home state endorsements slip through his pudding fingers. Then later, Strict Scrutiny’s Leah Litman stops by break down the legal implications of the Dominion settlement and the fight to keep abortion medication legal.
NEWS ROUND UP
- TheAtlantic: The Fox Lawsuit Was Never Going to Save America
- NPR: What defamation suits can and can’t accomplish
- Punchbowl: Inside the GOP leadership’s challenges on the debt limit
- Politico: Biden Can Steamroll Republicans on the Debt Ceiling
- WaPo: The party of big, intrusive government? That would be the GOP.
- Politico: DeSantis is in a rut. His trek to D.C. didn’t help.
- NYT: Republicans Hit DeSantis Over Disney Feud
- NBC: Ron DeSantis’ D.C. charm offensive was a massive failure