In This Episode
Hysteria host Erin Ryan joins the pod to discuss the political fight to restore abortion access in America, and how Democrats should confront the activist Supreme Court. Then later, Amy Hagstrom Miller from Whole Woman’s Health talks about how abortion providers will continue to serve patients among a challenging patchwork of state laws.
- Washington Post: Abortion is now banned in these states. Others will follow.
- Bloomberg: Local Officials Beef Up Abortion Sanctuary Cities
- NYT: Thomas’s concurring opinion raises questions about what rights might be next.
- White House Press Release: FACT SHEET: President Biden Announces Actions In Light of Today’s Supreme Court Decision on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization
- Washington Post: The nominal ways Biden could expand abortion rights
- Politico: Supreme Court’s Roe reversal reshapes Democrats’ battle to keep Congress
- Politico: 5 races where the Supreme Court’s abortion decision could have the biggest impact
- AOC Tweet (6/26)
- Nancy Pelosi Tweet (6/24)
- David Plouffe Tweet (6/25)
Amy Hagstrom Miller
- Whole Womans Health: GET ABORTION PILLS DELIVERED IN AS LITTLE AS 3-5 DAYS
- Whole Womans Health: ABORTION WAYFINDER PROGRAM
- Dallas Morning News: Texas clinics halt abortions after Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision
- South Bend Tribune: ‘We’re going to keep on keeping on:’ South Bend abortion clinic will remain open for now
- CBS DFW: Women’s health clinics cancel appointments after ruling overturns Roe v. Wade
- Axios:Virginia abortion providers prep for influx of out-of-state patients
- MSNBC Clip
- Business Insider: Repressive state laws and the overturning of Roe v. Wade are causing a mass migration of abortion clinics and providers, experts say
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.