In This Episode
The Senate passes the biggest climate change legislation in history to cap off the best week of Joe Biden’s presidency, Donald Trump wins the CPAC straw poll after sharing the stage with fellow autocrat Viktor Orban, and later, Lieutenant Governor Mandela Barnes joins to talk about his campaign to replace Wisconsin Senator Ron Johnson this November.
INFLATION REDUCTION ACT
- WaPo: Senate approves Inflation Reduction Act, clinching long-delayed health and climate bill
- Vox: The Inflation Reduction Act, explained
- POLITICO Huddle: Sinema’s tax tweaks
- CBS News: Parliamentarian weakens Democrats’ drug plan in Inflation Reduction Act, as Senate prepares to vote
- WaPo: Republicans block cap on insulin costs for millions of patients
- WaPo: Sanders grapples with missed opportunity in Democrats’ economic plan
- Vox: What could the Inflation Reduction Act mean for you?
- NYT: Will the bill curb inflation? Democrats think it will, but not immediately.
- Vox: Viktor Orbán laid out his dark worldview to the American right — and they loved it
- WaPo: The GOP is Viktor Orban’s party now
- CNN: Opinion: Why conservatives gave a big welcome to leader who suppressed Hungary’s democracy
- New Yorker: Does Hungary Offer a Glimpse of Our Authoritarian Future?
- CNN: Trump wins CPAC straw poll in Dallas
- Tim Miller: I’m Sorry, But He’s Running
- NYT: Don’t Expect Alex Jones’s Comeuppance to Stop Lies
- WaPo: Sandy Hook parents confront Alex Jones, say hoax claims created ‘living hell’
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.