In This Episode
Guest host Erin Ryan fills in for Dan, President Biden indicates he is considering student debt relief while Joe Manchin continues to block the rest of the Democratic agenda in the name of bipartisanship, Tucker Carlson and Matt Gaetz turn on Kevin McCarthy after the latest round of leaked tapes, and Hot Take hosts Mary Annaïse Heglar and Amy Westervelt join for a special climate edition of Take Appreciator. Listen and subscribe to Hot Take and sign up for their newsletter at HotTakePod.com.
WE DID IT, JOE?
- WaPo: The Trailer: As Biden campaigns on infrastructure law, Democrats keep fighting about it
- Politico: ‘Someone is taking too many edibles’ — Despair mounts over Biden’s domestic agenda
- WaPo: Climate advocates fear Manchin’s bipartisan energy push is ‘all smoke and mirrors’
- Axios: Bipartisan Senate group discusses climate and energy
- WaPo: Joe Manchin is at it again. Charlie Brown, meet Lucy’s football.
- The Week: Joe Manchin’s approval rating is up 16 points since Biden became president
KNIVES OUT IN THE GOP
- ABC: McCarthy defends himself to Republicans after leaked Jan. 6 recordings
- Axios: McCarthy shores up support after leaked audio
- NYT: McCarthy Feared G.O.P. Lawmakers Put ‘People in Jeopardy’ After Jan. 6
- WaPo: Biggs says McCarthy’s comments on Trump, Jan. 6 are ‘huge trust issue’
- Daily Beast: Tucker Carlson Torches Kevin McCarthy as a ‘Puppet of the Democratic Party’
- WaPo: Rep. Madison Cawthorn cited for loaded gun in bag at airport checkpoint
- NYT: Madison Cawthorn Again Brought a Loaded Gun to the Airport, Officials Say
- CNN: Madison Cawthorn is *really* good at getting bad press
- Washington Examiner: Madison Cawthorn implicated in potential insider trading scheme, experts say
- Forbes: Sen. Tillis Calls For Insider Trading Probe Over Rep. Cawthorn’s Ties To ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Meme Coin