In This Episode
Joe Biden gets pressured to negotiate with the debt ceiling hostage takers. Donald Trump says he might skip the Republican primary debates. Ron DeSantis’ gaffes overshadow his foreign trip. Republican supermajorities continue their attacks on democracy. Montana state Representative Zooey Zephyr joins to talk about her Republican colleagues banning her from the House floor for speaking out against an anti-trans bill. Then, Jon, Jon, and Tommy break down President Biden’s best jokes at the White House Correspondents Dinner.
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the podcast.
- NBC: White House digs in on debt strategy after House Republicans’ passage of their plan
- NBC: Three paths to raising the debt limit — and why every one of them is murky
- NYT: Daines Endorsement Reflects Senate G.O.P.’s Uneasy Alliance With Trump
- NYT: Trump Weighs Skipping Primary Debates
- Politico: Biden’s team is leaning into this culture war staple