In This Episode
Joe Biden and just about every elected Democrat in America make one final run at Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema on voting rights, Dr. Fauci says we’re all getting Omicron and calls one Republican Senator a moron, and Alyssa Mastromonaco joins to break down the worst punditry of the week in another round of Take Appreciator.
Voting Rights Speech
- Playbook PM: Biden takes another inflation hit =
- Punchbowl: Inside a new voting rights strategy =
- Playbook: Our exclusive new poll on voting rights =
- NBC: McConnell calls Biden’s voting rights speech ‘profoundly unpresidential’
- NYT: How the Voting Rights Bills Miss the Target on Election Subversion
- WaPo: Biden calls for changing the filibuster in major voting rights speech The Independent: Manchin kills voting rights moments before Biden’s speech
- Rolling Stone: Lindsey Graham: ‘God Bless’ Sinema and Manchin for Standing in Way of Voting Rights
- NYT: A Voting Rights Push, as States Make Voting Harder
- Kasie Hunt tweet
- Alex Roarty thread
- MoveOn’s Rahna Epting thread
- WaPo plum line op-ed: A new plan to ‘Trump-proof’ the 2024 election quietly comes together
- Rick Hasen tweet
- NPR: Senator Raphael Warnock Wants You To See Voting Rights As A Moral Issue
- Time: President Biden’s Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- The Guardian: Bernie Sanders says Democrats are failing: ‘The party has turned its back on the working class’
- WaPo: Omicron will infect ‘just about everybody,’ Fauci says
- Harvard: What will it be like when COVID-19 becomes endemic?
- CNN: Trump takes thinly veiled shot at ‘gutless’ DeSantis over Covid booster
- BBC: Covid: Half of Europe to be infected with Omicron within weeks – WHO
- WaPo: The backstory on Fauci’s ‘what a moron’ comment about a senator
- Bloomberg: Europe Slowly Starts to Consider Treating Covid Like the Flu
- Reuters: WHO warns against treating Covid-19 like flu
- Guardian: Will Covid-19 become less dangerous as it evolves?
- Axios: Axios-Ipsos poll: America retrenches on COVID
- NBC: Dr. Fauci and Sen. Rand Paul’s recent tense exchange over Covid sends a message
- NYT: Covid News: Omicron Causes Fewer and Shorter Hospitalizations, Study Shows
- Reuters: U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record at over 132,000 as Omicron surges
- WSJ: Will Record Omicron Cases Cause a Surge in the Severely Ill? Scientists Look for Signs
- CNBC: WHO says omicron cases are ‘off the charts’ as global infections set new record
- Washington Post: How Kyrsten Sinema defended the filibuster — and bipartisanship
- NYT: Biden-Cheney 2024?
- WSJ: The Hillary Moment
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here. For a transcript of this episode, please email email@example.com and include the name of the podcast.