Tommy and Lovett talk about Nikki Haley’s abrupt departure from her UN role, a frightening new report about climate change, and where the battles for the House and Senate stand with just a few weeks before Election Day. Then they speak with Kansas congressional candidate Sharice Davids.
Nikki Haley is leaving
- New York Times: Nikki Haley to Resign as Trump’s Ambassador to the U.N.
- Washington Post: Something doesn’t smell right’: The curious timing of Nikki Haley’s Exit
- CNN: Trump’s UN Ambassador Nikki Haley resigns
- Washington Post: Nikki Haley resigns as Trump’s U.N. ambassador
- Vox: How Nikki Haley played the White House game — and won
- Washington Post: Nikki Haley says the U.S. is now ‘respected.’ Is it?
- New Yorker: What’s the Real Reason Nikki Haley Resigned as U.N. Ambassador?
- The Atlantic: Are All the Adults Leaving the Room?
- Politico: Did Nikki Haley Do a Good Job?
- Bloomberg: Trump Says He’s Considering Goldman’s Dina Powell for UN Ambassador
- The Guardian: Nikki Haley: the latest Trump enabler to ruin her shot at redemption
- New York Times: You’re Hired! You’re Fired! Yes, the Turnover at the Top of the Trump Administration Is … “Unprecedented.”
- The Atlantic: Why Nikki Haley’s Departure Shocked Washington
- Washington Post: With Bolton ascendant, Haley’s departure sparks fears
- The Cut: Where Is Jared Kushner (a Genius) Hiding?
U.N. Climate Change
- Vox: 4 big takeaways from the UN’s alarming climate change report
- CNN: UN climate change report contrasts with recent EPA policy changes
- New York Times: Major Climate Report Describes a Strong Risk of Crisis as Early as 2040
- Vox: What genuine, no-bullshit ambition on climate change would look like
- Washington Post: Climate scientists are struggling to find the right words for very bad news
- Washington Post: Survey of battleground House districts shows Democrats with narrow edge
- Politico: POLITICO race ratings: The GOP House is crumbling
- CNN: CNN poll: Democrats are fired up and maintain a strong 2018 lead
- Vox: New poll finds a 30-point gender gap going into the midterms
- Washington Post: This is not what a pro-Kavanaugh electoral backlash looks like
- Washington Post: These women won their primaries. Will they be elected in November?
- FiveThirtyEight: A Big Blue Wave Could Overwhelm The GOP’s Advantage In The House
- FiveThirtyEight: What’s behind the Democrats’ shrinking Senate odds
- Mother Jones: Supreme Court Makes It Harder for Tribal North Dakotans to Vote
- Politico: Trump claims ‘paid protesters’ during Kavanaugh confirmation ‘haven’t gotten their checks’
- Think Progress: Fox News guest pranked into thinking Kavanaugh protesters are being paid, Trump thinks it’s real
- Washington Post: The real purpose of the ‘paid protester’ lie
- Campaign website
- CNN: Ex-MMA fighter Sharice Davids could become the first lesbian Native American congresswoman
- New York Times: We polled voters in Kansas’ 3rd Congressional District.
- Washington Post: Sharice Davids, who sees past discrimination as her asset, could become the first gay Native American in Congress
- New York Magazine: Local GOP Official Wants to Send Native American House Candidate ‘Back to the Reservation’
- McClatchy: Kansas Democrat Sharice Davids outraises GOP’s Kevin Yoder with $2.7 million haul
- Kansas City Star: GOP official on Davids: radical socialist, lesbian will be sent back to reservation
- The Guardian: How Sharice Davids traded in MMA for a shot at political history