In This Episode
The Biden Administration’s focus on the pandemic and the economy is interrupted by multiple new challenges, Democrats analyze how to poll and advertise better in the next election, and Pod Save the People’s Sam Sinyangwe joins us to talk about police reform after another devastating killing in Minnesota.
- Axios: J&J vaccine pause will have minimal impact on local vaccine rollout
- FiveThirtyEight: The Johnson & Johnson Pause Shows The System Is Working
- NYT: Western Warnings Tarnish Vaccines the World Badly Needs
- Politico: Biden’s ‘trust the science’ approach hits a political snag
- Vox: Why Johnson & Johnson shots were paused — and why that’s so confusing
- AP News: Biden says pause on J&J shots shows gov’t putting safety 1st
- NYT: Johnson & Johnson Vaccinations Paused After Rare Clotting Cases Emerge
- CNBC: FDA advises states to pause use of J&J Covid vaccine after rare blood-clotting issue affects 6 women, kills 1
- CNN: Fauci says we can’t end mitigation measures now even with impressive vaccine rollout
- CDC COVID DATA TRACKER: COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: US COVID-19 Cases Caused by Variants
- NYT: Surging Virus Has Michigan’s Democratic Governor at Loggerheads With Biden
- NPR: Biden Says All Adults Will Be Vaccine Eligible By April 19
- WaPo: The Trailer: Less talking, more spending: How Biden’s avoided a 100-day slump
- NYT: Democrats Were Lukewarm on Campaign Biden. They Love President Biden.
- The Atlantic: Welcome to the New Progressive Era
- MORNING CONSULT + POLITICO: National Tracking Poll
- Monmouth University Poll
- NYT: The key to President Biden’s successful vaccination campaign? Underpromise and overdeliver.
- Politico: Dem pollsters acknowledge ‘major errors’ in 2020 polling
- NYT: Can These Democratic Pollsters Figure Out What Went Wrong?
- Democracy Docket: Revisiting Polling for 2021 and Beyond
- CNN Analysis: Why the polls were off in 2020
- Pew: Confronting 2016 and 2020 Polling Limitations
- FiveThirtyEight: The Death Of Polling Is Greatly Exaggerated
- WaPo Analysis: How much did Trump’s presence on the ballot warp 2016 and 2020 polling?
- Pew Research: Q&A: After misses in 2016 and 2020, does polling need to be fixed again? What our survey experts say
- Pew Research: What 2020’s Election Poll Errors Tell Us About the Accuracy of Issue Polling
- NYT: A leading Democratic super PAC criticizes the party’s 2020 spending as not ‘smart enough.’
- Priorities USA: Memo: How Democrats Can Optimize Media Spending And Stop Wasting Millions
- The Nation: Why Are Democratic Super PACs Wasting Millions?
- NYT: Democrats Belatedly Launch Operation to Share Information on Voters
- NBC News: Democrats outspent the GOP on Spanish-language ads in 2020, but it came late
- The Intercept: THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY’S CONSULTANT FACTORY
- The Nation: Who’s in Charge of the Democratic Party?
- Open Secrets: ‘Dark money’ topped $1 billion in 2020, largely boosting Democrats
- Open Secrets: Most expensive ever: 2020 election cost $14.4 billion
- NBC News: Daunte Wright’s family, attorneys reject police explanation of fatal Taser ‘mistake’: ‘Don’t tell us it’s an accident’
- Axios: Police chief and officer who fatally shot Daunte Wright resign
- CBS News: Second night of unrest after fatal police shooting of Daunte Wright outside Minneapolis
- USA Today: ‘He did not deserve this’: Family remembers Daunte Wright as an adoring dad who enjoyed playing sports and celebrating the Fourth of July
- NPR: Rusten Sheskey, Kenosha Officer Who Shot Jacob Blake, Will Not Face Discipline
- The Guardian: Windsor police officer fired over pepper-spray traffic stop
- BuzzFeed News: A Cop Was Fired For Pepper-Spraying A Black Army Lieutenant During A Traffic Stop
- Axios: Maryland lawmakers override Hogan vetoes of police accountability legislation
- NPR: Maryland Lawmakers Override Vetoes On Sweeping Police Reform
- WaPo: Maryland enacts landmark police overhaul, first state to repeal police bill of rights
- AP: Maryland family sues after Black man died in police custody
- Axios: White House scraps campaign promise for police oversight commission
- Politico: Biden White House puts its police oversight commission on ice
- CNN: House passes bill named in honor of George Floyd aimed at preventing police misconduct
For a closed-captioned version of this episode, click here.
For a transcript of this episode, please email email@example.com and include the name of the podcast.